Latest block of weather soon to end?

Dave C

May 20, 2021, 6:23:24 PM5/20/21
to Weather and Climate
So the latest block of weather was two really. Several weeks of cold and dry followed by two weeks of cold and rain (almost every day in the last two weeks). By the end of next week it appears that High Pressure may return and will bring some welcome warmth. By that I mean 18-20C  which will feel positively tropical although we did briefly hit 17.5C briefly in some sun yesterday.
As gardeners will know, growth is well behind schedule but with the welcome rain it is all primed and ready to go now and no doubt will catch up quickly.