Something's gotta give

xmetman

Jul 25, 2019, 8:53:59 AM7/25/19
to Weather and Climate

2019-07-25_135018.jpg

I can't see even with some upper cloud that the record isn't going to be broken this afternoon...

Bedford is looking a likely candidate at the moment at 35.5°C at 12 UTC.

2019-07-25_134952.jpg

Freddie

Jul 25, 2019, 9:21:20 AM7/25/19
to Weather and Climate
Record has gone at Heathrow - 37.6 at 1300z.

--
Freddie
Dorrington

Julian Mayes

Jul 25, 2019, 9:56:08 AM7/25/19
to Weather and Climate
Heathrow is currently missing the areas of cloud and isol shrs. - to both E/ SE and W. It will cloud over in about 30mins there - but it  won't take much more sun for temps to go between 38 and 39.

Julian    7 miles SE of Heathrow       western sky barely any cloud,  eastern sky mostly cloudy at 3pm.

xmetman

Jul 25, 2019, 10:44:53 AM7/25/19
to Weather and Climate
My money was on Bedford but something strange went on there after the 12 UTC observation.
Maybe the Met Office pulled redacted part of the observation for some reason?
Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything.

2019-07-25_154009.jpg