Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Graham Easterling

da leggere,
1 apr 2023, 12:14:4501/04/23
a Weather and Climate
MARCH
A very wet month. Also dull & rather mild overall. It was the wettest March since 2018, and had the lowest average pressure since 2018.

March went out like a lion. The strongest gust and 1st gale of 2023 occurred early on 31st as a depression passed just to the north, with the zone of strongest winds just to the south over west Cornwall. 93mph gust recorded at Gwennap Head, 74mph inland at Illogan (near Redruth, around 1 mile from the north coast).

All Variations from the 1991-2020 Norm
TEMPERATURE
Absolute Maximum:  14.6C 30th
Absolute Minimum:    -1.0C -  3rd

Mean Maximum: 11.8C (0.2)
Mean Minimum:    6.7C  (1.0)
Mean: 8.6C (0.6)

Air Frosts: 1

RAINFALL
Total Rainfall: 159.0mm (183%)
Wettest Day:     19.5mm - 30th
Rain Days:  24
Wet Days:   22

Days with:-
Fog: 0
Thunder: 0
Hail: 0

WIND
Gales: 1
Strongest Gust: 49mph - 31st

Graham
Penzance

Tudor Hughes

da leggere,
1 apr 2023, 12:59:4401/04/23
a Weather and Climate
I see that your rainfall is greater than mine (147.6 mm here, 204%) but my figure is a March record for the 40 years I have now been recording.  The total "helped" by the 32.0 mm which fell on the 31st of which about 80% fell in the 3 hrs 1500-1800Z and turned the road into a  river with the runoff from the field at the back.

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, Surrey, 557 ft, 170 m.

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi