Even NASA

jack.h...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2022, 11:44:01 AM12/11/22
to Weather and Climate
I am half-listening to NASA TV about the return of Orion.  The commentator just witters on and on.

But I heard one remark that made me cringe:
"The peak temperature on re-entry is "T" degrees Fahrenheit, about half the temperature of the Sun."
These people are supposed to be scientists!

I might mention the current temperature outside is minus 4C, that is twice as cold as this time yesterday:-)

Jack

jack.h...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2022, 11:54:09 AM12/11/22
to Weather and Climate
I recently saw a post on a group where "God Botherers" bait  (not very successfully) non-believers.  The poster asked : "How can you deny God when water freezes at exactly 0 degrees and boils at exactly 100 degrees?"

Jack

Len W

Dec 11, 2022, 6:13:15 PM12/11/22
to Weather and Climate
It's all relative.
Temperature is measured on a scale, at least it was when I was at school and all through university

At least he didn't say almost as hot as the sun.
Although Orion did get pretty hot.

Len
Wembury feeling cold at -2°C  😉