Penzance Sunshine & poor forecast

Graham Easterling

Mar 11, 2022, 11:23:36 AM3/11/22
to Weather and Climate
Yesterday's postcode forecast for Penzance showed a high chance of rain (60-80% all day) a couple of half suns with the rain drops, otherwise just rain & a thunder symbol.

In practice, the last band of showery rain cleared east by 09:30 and 10:00 - 14:00 saw prolonged coastal sunshine.

More cloud bubbling up since, just a few sots of rain at one point, but still sunny spells. Some showers developed up the spine of the County early afternoon.

There is a very impressive swell, now 5m significant wave height at Sevenstones, biggest sets will be 7-8m. Challenging anything the 2 recent named storms had to offer. What passes for low tide! (4pm), some big wave setup surges.

2022-03-11 16_12_57-Capture.png

You can see how quickly the cloud is now developing once it hits land, but still decent sunny spells right on windward coasts, something that will become the norm with unstable air as we head into Spring.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow afternoon, I think the forecast stands a much better chance of being close to the mark. For Penzance:-

2022-03-11 16_21_16-Capture.png

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Mar 11, 2022, 11:57:50 AM3/11/22
to Weather and Climate
To make it clear, the first line should probably read: "Yesterday's postcode forecast for Penzance weather TODAY" etc.

The forecast for yesterday was spot on, sunny spells with an increasing S breeze.

St Ives from Hayle Towans 11:-00, very pleasant walk The river is the River Hayle.

HayleRiverMthViewsMar22 (1).jpg

Graham
Penzance