Surprise surprise - anomaly charts!

xmetman

Jun 14, 2019, 1:13:59 PM6/14/19
to Weather and Climate
I get the distinct feeling that the press office at the Met Office are watching weather forums and blogs such as this for criticism - or dare I say ideas.

You probably remember the other day I posted about how the BBC don't make enough of anomaly charts - well surprise, surprise - Louise Lear made use of a couple of them generated by the Climate team at the Met Office in the 5.58pm BBC weather forecast.

Of course it all could be coincidence and the feverish ravings of a demented ex-metman!

This is daytime maximum for the 11th which I notices had set a new coldest day record for in central England.
I would have rather liked to have seen what the daytime maximum for the first 13 days of June looked like - but beggars can't be choosers.

Alastair B. McDonald

Jun 16, 2019, 4:29:58 PM6/16/19
to Weather and Climate
Well done! I saw that and was pleasantly surprised.