A fine morning on the SW Devon coast

Len

Apr 21, 2023, 8:11:08 AM4/21/23
to Weather and Climate
Looking WNW overland with  Cumulus congestus.
12°C,  light NE wind
21 apr 2023.jpg

Graham Easterling

Apr 21, 2023, 8:43:05 AM4/21/23
to Weather and Climate
Virtually identical sky inland  here Len. Much less cloud than the forecast suggested. Mainly blue over the sea.

Yesterday I didn't see a single cloud of any type, not the smallest Cu, no wisp of cirrus, no contrails. Very rare not to see any cloud whatsoever.

Sunset on Scilly

341577371_968371360826789_6945015191843599013_n.jpg

Graham
Penzance

jack.h...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2023, 11:23:26 AM4/21/23
to Weather and Climate
Moray Firth - very low cloud / sea fog.

2023-04-21-Nairn.jpg

It's stayed over the sea today, but there must be a good chance of it moving inland this evening.

Jack

Len

Apr 21, 2023, 12:21:20 PM4/21/23
to Weather and Climate
I meant to type cumulus mediocris.
They progressed to congestus inland as the afternoon wore on with some hefty showers which all missed us on the coast.

Len
Wembury

Freddie

Apr 21, 2023, 1:14:22 PM4/21/23
to Weather and Climate
Not so nice in the Welsh Marches - continuous rain this morning, heavy at times, and deep convection and showers this afternoon - fortunately most missed my location.  It has also been windy with gusts to 31 knots - but it's been like that most of the week!
PXL_20230421_153006132.jpg

jack.h...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2023, 2:08:27 PM4/21/23
to Weather and Climate
Freddie: "It has also been windy with gusts to 31 knots - but it's been like that most of the week!£

Oh dear!  Here, except at times on the actual coast (stratus), it has been a stunning week.

2023-04-21-P1090280-Cawdor.jpg

A ford at Cawdor in spring sunshine on Friday.  Tractors use the ford, but not me!

Jack