The pessimism continues.

Graham Easterling

Apr 29, 2022, 7:01:48 AMApr 29
to Weather and Climate
Yesterday, as I was sitting in unforecast (for west Cornwall) sunshine, todays forecast was basically white clouds and a maximum of 13C.

However, at 10:45 this morning.

IMG_3294.JPG

It's been hazy sunshine all day, and when I got home at 11:30 it was 15.7C, >14C even up at Culdrose and at Lands End (where 11C was forecast) & Lands End airport.

So I checked the updated Penzance forecast @ 11:45

2022-04-29 11_40_48-Capture.png

The normal 3C or so low which appears the norm. But, b**dy h*ell, a 14C forecast, that's the highest for a while!

A glorious still, sunny morning.

I wonder if Sunday's forecast rain will actually materialise?

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Apr 29, 2022, 8:24:54 AMApr 29
to Weather and Climate

The Meto have now decided that a 14C max was overcooking it, and have downgraded to 13C, the normal 3C too low.

15.9C @ 13:00, and F1 to 2 variable wind.

No wonder all the visitors have headed abroad this year. I'm pleased, but may aren't.

Graham
penzance

Graham Easterling

Apr 29, 2022, 9:37:02 AMApr 29
to Weather and Climate
At 14:15 it was 17.2C, that's 4C warmer than forecast an hour ago. That makes it the = warmest day of the month, with 22nd April. It may well get warmer yet. 2 days ago the forecast was 12C.

I think the answer is to never look at weather forecasts, just satellite imagery, model output, radar and webcams. But why forecast maximum temperatures should consistently be so low in Spring is a mystery. Part of the problem is the forecast range is often so low, it's not so noticeable that nights are colder than forecast.

MagicSeaweed is so good because there is some human input, with local knowledge, between the model output and the beach surf forecast. Perhaps the MetO should take note.

I'll drop the subject now, until next Spring.

Graham
Penzance