We've hit 80

Len W

Aug 24, 2019, 10:03:42 AM8/24/19
to Weather and Climate
27.7C atm that's 81F here on SW Devon coast.

That makes it the hottest day of the year and hotter than the July heatwave here when we only managed 27C on 23rd July.

Thought I might cut the grass, but far too hot for that.
Although there is brisk east breeze, it is only serving like a fan oven drawing up continental air.

Len
Wembury

Graham Easterling

Aug 24, 2019, 10:29:23 AM8/24/19
to Weather and Climate
A positively freezing 22C (at best) here in Penzance, with a moderate directly onshore breeze. It needs to back a bit, in practice it's about to veer. Probably 20-21C here tomorrow.

Bit warmer near the north coast, but only a degree or 2.

Graham
Penzance

Julian Mayes

Aug 24, 2019, 2:20:33 PM8/24/19
to Weather and Climate

On Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 3:29:23 PM UTC+1, Graham Easterling wrote:

Bit warmer near the north coast, but only a degree or 2.

Graham
Penzance

I think you'll be pleased when you see the max temp at Bude today, Graham.  Stay tuned.....

(unless there's rivalry between Bude and Penzance)

Julian