Will Dorian make a right turn?

xmetman

Sep 2, 2019, 10:08:12 AM9/2/19
to Weather and Climate

2019-09-02_145550.jpg

I spent most of the morning trying to do in software what Google have already done in their Crisis map

The question is, will the eroding upper ridge allow Dorian to make the predicted right turn to the north that many of the models are predicting or will is slam into Palm Beach?

You'll notice that I used the word slam which I plucked from my dictionary of terms to use for a storm of this magnitude, it was either that or the word smash, which both sounded more violent than hit.

Meanwhile in the capital Nassau 160 km to the south things have been relatively quiet for the last 24 hours.

2019-09-02_145220.jpg

Jack Frost

Sep 2, 2019, 4:53:47 PM9/2/19
to Weather and Climate
Talking of visualizations, have you looked at www.windy.com? It has some nice visualizations of the wind field, rain accumulation etc from various models all around the globe.

Liam
Pasadena, CA. (Very boring in terms of weather. It last rained in May.)

xmetman

Sep 3, 2019, 4:13:57 AM9/3/19
to Weather and Climate
Hi Jack

Yes Windy.com has a brilliant way of visualising NWP data.

Bruce.

2019-09-03_091212.jpg

xmetman

Sep 3, 2019, 4:37:36 AM9/3/19
to Weather and Climate
And by next Wednesday what's left of Dorian will be close to the NW of Scotland.

2019-09-03_093453.jpg

xmetman

Sep 3, 2019, 2:49:19 PM9/3/19
to Weather and Climate