An unrecordable amount

Len

Jul 17, 2019, 2:49:41 PM7/17/19
to Weather and Climate
Had a light shower (1800 BST) here but there was zilch in my 5 inch gauge.
Not even a trace.
A warm day (22.4C) meant a warm raingauge and presumably when the rain hit the gauge it evaporated before finding its way to the collecting bottle.

So the extraordinary dry period continues, at least until Friday.

Total rain in the last 27 days is 2.8 mm.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon coast
83 m asl

Tudor Hughes

Jul 17, 2019, 4:50:41 PM7/17/19
to Weather and Climate
The total here is 1.5 mm in the last 25 days but the place does not look exactly parched possibly because of the 58 mm downpour on 10 June.

Today has been "sunny" in popular perception but there has been 8 oktas high cloud throughout, thickening and lowering to As by late afternoon. A watery sun, a phrase that seems to have disappeared.  No rain.  Max 22.9°C

 Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, NE Surrey, 557 ft, 170 m.

Brian Wakem

Jul 17, 2019, 5:13:46 PM7/17/19
to Weather and Climate
No rain for 22 days here.  Looks like Friday night could give us a good soaking.

--
Brian Wakem
Lower Bourne, Farnham, Surrey

Brian Wakem

Jul 18, 2019, 5:11:26 AM7/18/19
to Weather and Climate

On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 22:13:46 UTC+1, Brian Wakem wrote:
No rain for 22 days here.  Looks like Friday night could give us a good soaking.

An unexpected heavy shower broke the drought this morning.  4.6mm with a peak rate of 73.8mm/hr.

--
Brian Wakem
Lower Bourne, Farnham, Surrey
Live obs @ 10:11:05 : 18.2C, DP 17.6C, RH 96%, 4.6 mm

Graham Easterling

Jul 18, 2019, 7:21:41 AM7/18/19
to Weather and Climate
I received an email from SW Water this morning, asking me to save water. I hope other's have received it and that they are not just blaming me for the low reservoir levels!

Some very high temperatures look likely for France next week, and pretty warm here.

Graham
Penzance

Len

Jul 18, 2019, 7:40:10 AM7/18/19
to Weather and Climate
I notice SWW give total storage of 73.2% atm.
They are also running a competition to win a butt.
;-()

Len
Wembury

Paul from Dawlish

Jul 18, 2019, 9:51:50 AM7/18/19
to Weather and Climate
Some rain on the car this morning from overnight, but no recordable rain in Teignmouth since 25th June. Hoping, for the sake of my empty water butts. that tomorrow is wet!

David Mitchell

Jul 18, 2019, 4:13:12 PM7/18/19
to Weather and Climate
High temperatures? That'll make a change. Coldest day for 4 weeks today with a max of 21.9c.
Neighbouring departments have been on drought alert for some months, we are probably due restrictions in the next fortnight. I didn't receive the letter but there was a warning on Facebook tonight.