The cycle of northerly weather types continues

xmetman

Nov 16, 2017, 6:53:28 AM11/16/17
to Weather and Climate

This is all in the realms of science fiction I know, but last Sunday was the third northerly in a weekly cycle that started on the 29th of October.

The latest GFS continues the northerly theme, with the latest run suggesting that there might be at least 3 more northerly outbreaks to come before November is out.

Memories of late November 1973

Trevor Harley

Nov 16, 2017, 12:26:12 PM11/16/17
to Weather and Climate
The one at the end of next week looks quite impressive, I think, but it probably won't come to anything. Who was it who said that northerlies aren't what they used to be?