Great pics of yesterdays heavy snow in extreme west Cornwall

Graham Easterling

Feb 10, 2021, 5:23:44 AM2/10/21
to Weather and Climate
I know I'm over egging it, but it did snow heavily, but when the only real snow in SW England is on the Lands End peninsula, mostly wst of Penzance!

Graham
Penzance

jack.h...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2021, 12:27:56 PM2/10/21
to Weather and Climate
There must have been a lot of so-called Covidiots to be able to take those photos

"Police officers in an area of Plymouth have revealed what has been keeping them busy lately - and it is not just 'Covidiots'."

Jack - the archetypal  Covidiot who enjoys the "now" and not the future when I won't be around whatever happens.

Graham Easterling

Feb 10, 2021, 1:39:49 PM2/10/21
to Weather and Climate
There must have been a lot of so-called Covidiots to be able to take those photos

I think they were taken by a reporter for Cornwall Live. As we know, media reporters are exempt from all lockdown rules, they can travel around regardless. I remember on the local BBC news during the 1st lockdown a reporter had dashed across Cornwall from Plymouth to challenge a surfer who had come a couple of miles to his nearest beach, which he explained.  I'm waiting for someone to challenge a reporter & report him to the police.

So if you want to travel the country during lockdown, become a reporter, or Scotland's Chief Medical Officer, or Boris's adviser, or a celebrity chef (well Gordon Ramsey to be precise) or . .

Graham
Penzance

jack.h...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2021, 1:54:38 PM2/10/21
to Weather and Climate
A few Covidiots at Nairn today.  Which do you reckon is my car?
21-02-10-418++Nairn.jpg
Surely sparkling snow and clear blue sky is better for one's health than staying at home?  Little wind and it was quite bearable even though minus 1C

As I write this just before 7 pm, minus 9.0C (outside of course!)

Jack