Will upper cloud limit temperatures this afternoon?

xmetman

Jul 25, 2019, 6:23:26 AM7/25/19
to Weather and Climate

2019-07-25_111525.jpg

I wonder if the unstable upper cloud that's currently moving up from France will suppress the maximum temperatures later on this afternoon?

The next image is just a test to see if an animated GIF will work in a post as well as it does in the editor - I suspect it won't.

0700 to 1000 on 25 Jul 2019.gif

robk fw190

Jul 25, 2019, 6:50:24 AM7/25/19
to Weather and Climate
Already have towering cumulus visible around the Sussex/Hampshire border which looks to be building fairly rapidly.

xmetman

Jul 25, 2019, 11:06:35 AM7/25/19
to Weather and Climate

2019-07-25_160506.jpg

Well the cloud must have taken the edge of them I would have thought.