Thick haze

Tudor Hughes

Apr 1, 2021, 10:44:27 AM4/1/21
to Weather and Climate
Sunny but with really thick haze.  No cloud but there is very little of the sky you could call blue except for a very pale pastel shade to the north.  Otherwise a uniform white down to the horizon.  Where does all this come from?

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, NE Surrey 557 ft, 170 m.

Graham Easterling

Apr 1, 2021, 11:32:11 AM4/1/21
to Weather and Climate
Same here. The lunchtime BBC forecaster showed a photo of the haze over Mount's Bay, and said it was Saharan dust.

Maximum of 17.4C here today, the warmest day of the year due to the wind has backed a bit and travelling down the spine of Cornwall.

Graham
Penzance

Tudor Hughes

Apr 1, 2021, 11:59:18 PM4/1/21
to Weather and Climate
Thanks for confirming that, Graham.  Not just me or my dirty glasses, then.  The general whitish colour seems to indicate Saharan dust, i.e. large particles, rather than the yellowish brown one gets from small particles such as smoke.
       Max here only 14.3°C, a long way down from the 23.7°C on Tuesday.

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, NE Surrey, 557 ft, 170 m.