Penzance - Beautiful, still, quiet, sunny morning

Graham Easterling

Apr 12, 2024, 4:30:33 AMApr 12
to Weather and Climate
That's a combination of words I've not been able to write for a long time! Also VG visibility.

My garden 09:00. Quite a bit of the cloud seems to originate from old contrails.

IMG_20240412_084405900_HDR.jpg

As the forecast kept going on about misty low cloud in Cornwall, I initially thought Mount's Bay was in a convenient hole in the low cloud. In the fact the MetO current online video cloud cover forecast reinforces this cloudy message. The real satellite imagery shows a large hole in the cloud over Cornwall & SW approaches.  In fact it's it's beautiful on the north coast as well, and out on Scilly - though it looks a bit breezier there, based on the sea surface.

2024-04-12 09_18_54-Capture.png

The high pressure has just edged close enough, I mean it is the end of the Easter hols with the last of the waterlogged visitors about to head up the A30. A bit sad for them really.

Time for the sun block!

Graham
Penzance