Lightning on Scilly + a couple for Jack

Graham Easterling

Jul 23, 2022, 12:02:24 PM7/23/22
to Weather and Climate
Tuesday 19th dawn thunderstorm. By all accounts it was even more of an event in Penzance (7.0mm Scilly, 3.3mm in Penzance)

Not my photos
LightningScilly190722 (2).jpgLightningScilly190722 (1).jpg

Couple on the flight back on a twin otter. Windows had a bit of salt on them, you just can't get the staff.

Tresco & Bryher
Day7 (11)Sm.jpg

St Mary's. Hugh Town, the only  habitation resembling a town on the Islands. Population about 1,300.

Day7 (9)Sm.jpg

According to the MetO just before we took off it was cloudy, white cloud all day. A small Cu had formed over the centre of Tresco, I suppose that counts.

Graham
Penzance