west London flooding

Julian Mayes

Jul 12, 2021, 1:01:59 PM7/12/21
to Weather and Climate
As is fairly obvious from the radar, a classic summer thunderstorm developing in waves west of cen london.   I can't give rainfall figure here in Molesey as only have manual gauge and the lawn is under water.  That last occurred in October 2000.  1.5 hours of hvy rain here, occnl moderate when cells migrate away west, only to be replaced by more from NNE - Richmond / Twickenham area. 60mm reported from Kensington.  Only 1.5mm apparently from east side of Hyde Park - all  unofficial of course.  That info from Wanstead meteo (Scott Whitehead) via twitter.

Julian

Julian Mayes

Jul 12, 2021, 1:07:22 PM7/12/21
to Weather and Climate
As usual in hvy rain, the TfL jamcam videos are informative  (tho' worst has now passed I hope).  Worst flooding seemed to be in Shepherds Bush / Hammersmith, also A3 here to SW of London.

Most work in the dark too and we are not far off that now.  :)     Julian