WMO station 47843

xmetman

Oct 5, 2016, 5:51:16 AM10/5/16
to Weather and Climate

I came across WMO station 47843 by chance yesterday when searching for Typhoon Chaba.

The station is in fact the name of the island of Fukue which lies in the East China sea west just to the west of Nagasaki.

According to the Wikipedia article it's a very humid and wet island, but by the looks of it is also very beautiful.

So when someone tells you to go away rather forcefully, just think about WMO 47843 and the island of Fukue and hopefully it might even make you smile!

Dave C

Oct 5, 2016, 2:35:13 PM10/5/16
to Weather and Climate
Looks great doesn't it. If they erect a second station on the other side of the Island I do hope they call it Fukue 2 ;-)