Spring 2017 warmest on record in Central England

xmetman

Jun 1, 2017, 7:28:15 AM6/1/17
to Weather and Climate
Hi

If I've got my programming right, spring 2017 [MAM] was the warmest on record in Central England.

Bruce.

Julian Mayes

Jun 1, 2017, 9:04:32 AM6/1/17
to Weather and Climate
Hi Bruce,

Yes, I've just realised the same thing. 10.33C beating 2011. Quite impressive back to 1659!

Also I see from the Hadley Centre site that the average daily CET so far this year is also the highest on record back to 1772.

Julian    (from a distinctly warm central London)

Scott W

Jun 1, 2017, 2:45:53 PM6/1/17
to Weather and Climate

On Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 2:04:32 PM UTC+1, Julian Mayes wrote:
Hi Bruce,

Yes, I've just realised the same thing. 10.33C beating 2011. Quite impressive back to 1659!

Also I see from the Hadley Centre site that the average daily CET so far this year is also the highest on record back to 1772.

This crept up on me! My local series shows spring was second warmest but only just pipped by 2011.

Keith (Southend)

Jun 1, 2017, 4:39:13 PM6/1/17
to Weather and Climate
Perhaps we should inform Mr Trump!

Keith (Southend)

Keith (Southend)

Jun 1, 2017, 4:42:48 PM6/1/17
to Weather and Climate
Was also my warmest spring on record, data since 1978:

Mean temperatures at Eastwood/Southend-on-Sea:

11.7°C 2017
11.5°C 2014
11.3°C 2007
11.2°C 2011