Recent global temperatures and the recent warm spell in Scandinavia

xmetman

Jun 6, 2018, 9:23:54 AM6/6/18
to Weather and Climate

I've been giving my reanalysis global temperature application a good seeing to so that I could examine the recent warm spell across Scandinavia.

And as you can see the last month was quite exceptional in that part of the world, anomalies of +7°C over a month are going some.

The -7 °C cold anomalies show why there has been snowfall well into June in eastern parts of Canada.

Still some issues with the application. One thing that is relatively easy to do is calculate a daily mean temperature for each of the five zonal regions of the world. That's the values in the data grid on the left. Next step is to graph the pseudo global temperature and display more than a single year of data.