Penzance Finally a sunny day but . .

Graham Easterling

Mar 6, 2024, 4:59:22 AMMar 6
to Weather and Climate
It was a really pleasant day yesterday, temperature reached 12.4C in early spring sunshine - but ..
There was still a very large swell, so the only supplies to Scilly were by Skybus from Lands End. Big seas to remain.

The main shop on the main island (St. Mary's) They are desperately short of stock now. coopscillyMar5th.jpg

I wish forecasters would be a bit more careful about making broad generalisations. On the evening of 4th, after suffering a cliff top gale & the biggest sea of the year I was told it would become drier but windier. Yesterday the forecaster said much brighter & dry in the west on Wednesday, pointing vaguely at Bristol & the west midlands, whilst the chart showed rain over Cornwall, it's been raining in Penzance since dawn.

Never mind, we are nowhereville, it hasn't crossed into England yet!

What we need is a Cornish forecast supplied from Camborne, by somebody whose aim isn't to star on Dancing or Ice!

Graham
Penzance

Graham
Penzance