Frost recording time question?

Keith (Southend)

Dec 1, 2020, 4:03:57 AM12/1/20
to Weather and Climate
This November I only had two 5 minute logs (10 minutes) of 0.0°C, is this classed as an air frost or should it be -0.1°C?

My thinking is not, so no air frost reported for me for the whole month.

Keith (Southend)

Freddie

Dec 1, 2020, 4:19:35 AM12/1/20
to Weather and Climate
On Tuesday, 1 December 2020 at 09:03:57 UTC Keith (Southend) wrote:
This November I only had two 5 minute logs (10 minutes) of 0.0°C, is this classed as an air frost or should it be -0.1°C?

My thinking is not, so no air frost reported for me for the whole month.

Yes, air frost is <0C so not an air frost.  I had the same thing in Winter 2013/14 when my lowest temperature was exactly 0.0 - so a frost-free winter (unlike the previous one!)

--
Freddie
Alcaston

Keith (Southend)