The Scoraig Wind Trials

Jon Sumanik-Leary

Jul 24, 2019, 1:59:57 PM7/24/19
to Measurement WG (Wind Empowerment), we-techn...@googlegroups.com, Hugh, Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa, lato...@power.ece.ntua.gr, Jonathan Schreiber, Juan Pablo Duzdevich | INTI NQN, Jay avasilakis Hudnall <jay@tieole.com>, Noam Dotan, piet chevalier, Aran Eales, Esteban Van Dam, Rafael Oliva
Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well. A long time ago, Hugh invited me up to Scoraig and over the course of a few years, we measured a few power curves on some of the machines he built up on Scoraig. The results of these tests really should have been published a long time ago, but I never managed to focus for long enough to get this paper finished... until now!

I'd really appreciate feedback from anybody who has the time and interest to read through before I send it off for publication, as I'm sure there are things we haven't seen in the data or that could be explained more clearly. I've specifically copied in a few people who have either shared data with me that I compared with the measurements we took, who helped take the measurements or who have done similar things, but more than happy to receive feedback from anybody.

I'd like to try and get this submitted as soon as possible, as its already sat on my hard drive gathering digital dust for way too long. I'll aim to collate all the comments I've received by the 7th August, however if you'd like to comment, but can't meet that deadline, please just let me know.

Cheers,
Jon

--
Dr. Jon Leary
eCook Researcher

Myanmar: +95 (0) 9793541193 | Zambia: +260 (0) 96 4453412Kenya: +254 (0) 725 046 758 | UK (WhatsApp): +44 (0) 7540 44 96 24

skype: jon.leary1

Jon Sumanik-Leary

Jul 25, 2019, 10:48:32 AM7/25/19
to Rafael Oliva, Measurement WG (Wind Empowerment), we-techn...@googlegroups.com, Hugh, Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa, lato...@power.ece.ntua.gr, Jonathan Schreiber, Juan Pablo Duzdevich | INTI NQN, Jay avasilakis Hudnall <jay@tieole.com>, Noam Dotan, piet chevalier, Aran Eales, Esteban Van Dam
Great, thanks a lot. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
Jon

El jue., 25 de jul. de 2019 a la(s) 17:43, Rafael Oliva (rafael.bel...@gmail.com) escribió:
Hi Jon!  I will try & take a look before that date - cheers
Rafael

Jon Sumanik-Leary

Aug 7, 2019, 1:10:51 PM8/7/19
to Measurement WG (Wind Empowerment), we-techn...@googlegroups.com, Hugh, Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa, lato...@power.ece.ntua.gr, Jonathan Schreiber, Juan Pablo Duzdevich | INTI NQN, Jay avasilakis Hudnall <jay@tieole.com>, Noam Dotan, piet chevalier, Aran Eales, Esteban Van Dam, Rafael Oliva
Hi all,

Firstly, big thanks to Noam for his very helpful comments.

Secondly, we're now at the 7th Aug, but I won't have time to look at this until the weekend, so there are still another couple of days for any of you who may still want to comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,
Jon

Jon Sumanik-Leary

Jul 5, 2020, 6:02:54 PM7/5/20
to Measurement WG (Wind Empowerment), we-techn...@googlegroups.com, Hugh, Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa, lato...@power.ece.ntua.gr, Jonathan Schreiber, Juan Pablo Duzdevich | INTI NQN, Jay avasilakis Hudnall <jay@tieole.com>, Noam Dotan, piet chevalier, Aran Eales, Esteban Van Dam, Rafael Oliva
Hi all,

8 years in the making, our paper on the Scoraig Wind Trials has finally been published: https://doi.org/10.1177/0309524X20932501

Its fully open access, so please share with as many people as you possibly can.

I'm incredibly grateful to Hugh, his family and his neighbours, who invited me into their homes on the beautiful windswept Scoraig peninsula.

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this paper, in particular Kostas, Rafael, Noam, Jay, Esteban and Piet. But most of all to Hugh, who supported me throughout this research and persevered whilst I very slowly wrote it up.

Many thanks,
Jon