Making blades out of plastic waste

Jean Alinei

Jun 9, 2019, 10:45:26 AM6/9/19
to Technology WG (Wind Empowerment)
Hey all,

Together with Jorge we've been discussing again on the possibility to make blades out of plastic bottles.
The idea would be to reuse PET bottles and blowing them to the shape of the blade.
Then to inject some PU foam inside to consolidate the shell.
Better than words, I've added a schematic of the process we thought of.

Does it sounds feasible to you guys ?
It would be super awesome if it works, to make some lightweight small rotors for few $.
It would also be a amazing communication material, and could easily become viral on the web.

I've contacted Precious Plastic community, to ask them if they are willing to help us with this small project
https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/topic/product-development-v4/#post-143795

Looking forward to read your feedbacks/critics on that

Cheers,
Jean
WhatsApp Image 2019-06-09 at 16.02.36.jpeg

Jean Alinei

Jun 10, 2019, 2:11:02 PM6/10/19
to Technology WG (Wind Empowerment)
Here is the topic link on Precious Plastic forum
https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/topic/making-wind-turbine-blades-from-waste/

Cheers,
Jean