Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Gael Cesa

não lida,
20 de out. de 2016, 05:06:5420/10/2016
para we-techn...@googlegroups.com
Hi luiz

talking about
opensource electronics : charge controller, inverter, datalogger

Cheers..

Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa <luizl...@gmail.com>: Oct 19 01:49PM +0200

Hi everyone,

WEPatagonia2016 is less than a month away and we have started preparing for
the WG sessions!

We need your help to prepare part of the session. To help, please answer
this question in this thread:

* - Is there a specific technology topic that you would like to discuss
during the Tech WG session in WEPatagonia2016? *
Such topics could be:

- towers
- blade fabrication
- ideas for future projects
- ...
- ...
- ...

We will have about 1h30min to work on these topics and work together for
future projects.

Cheers,

--
Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa
Associate Professor at the University of Toulouse

Gaël CESA

Tripalium
Eco Hameau Méasolle
07360 Saint Michel de Chabrillanoux
Tel : +33 6 52 90 62 91

Jon Sumanik-Leary

não lida,
20 de out. de 2016, 09:37:3320/10/2016
para Gael Cesa, we-techn...@googlegroups.com, Noam Dotan
How about a discussion on how the collaborative development of the Piggott design and updating of the manual could be facilitated by the Wind Empowerment association now that Hugh is no longer updating it. I know Noam has been proposing this since Athens. It would take some serious organisation to get everyone to agree on new design modifications, but the Frenchies have done it with the Tripalium manual, so there’s no reason why we couldn’t produce something similar that is focussed specifically on rural electrification projects in less developed countries.

Cheers,
Jon

Jay Hudnall

não lida,
21 de out. de 2016, 04:55:1921/10/2016
para Technology WG (Wind Empowerment)
The idea of the technical group is to organize international projects sharing information and experiences (as well as designs and project development) between members.

This is happening and these projects will be on the agenda for Patagonia 2016.

Analog charge controller. Clement Gangneux is heading up this project. The current iteration is a 24V/48V PWM charge controller which can handle up to 50A.  Two can be put in parallel to double the current.  What would you like to see in a charge controller? will be a discussion topic in Argentina.

Power converter. Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa.  Making an open source power converter would allow for a locally built MPPT small wind controller. Lowering cable losses (and expensive copper cable) and improving the efficiency of small wind turbines. And the possibility to develop a locally built inverter.

Tower design.  We've a great guy wired tower. And are working on a free standing 12m/18m lattice tower which can be lowered and raised with a griphoist. This project will be lead by Adrien Lyon who is working for Ti'éole. Design ideas will be presented, and interested parties are invited to participate in the design of this tower.  The idea is to install a prototype in January.

Any other tech projects people are working on?

I am interested also in discussing...

blade wear and how to avoid it.  leading edge tape? epoxy paint?
generator growl. Anyone else seeing this problem (hearing this problem). This is especially problematic with grid tied machines.

Dataloggers will be discussed in the Measurement Group.

For me the manual should be lead by the Education Group. But this is definitely an interesting question.  Also what about the version espagnol?

Jay

Jorge Ayarza

não lida,
21 de out. de 2016, 08:49:5921/10/2016
para Technology WG (Wind Empowerment)
Amigos,

Nice list of topics!

All the topics listed seem important and require quite a bit of effort.  I agree on all of them being important so in order to make more happen we should try to share some of the work so we can move forward faster.

In India we have done the following in the last 2 years.

3D printed blades and started to work on fiberglass blades.  Need further work and could be interesting to meet others with experience.

Started to use CNC router to make blades.  This is very recent but am interested in looking for 3D models of blades for testing further.  I will be teaching how to build the CNC in India.  You can find more info at GoodEnoughCNC.com, a simple open source CNC platform.  Am now in Italy working with a large 3D printing company (WASProject).  We are printing the blades and a turbine here.

Built hybrid wind-solar waterpumper with 300V stator winding.  I hired a electronics expert to build the electronic controller that receives the wind and PV power.  It is now working and running a 2HP 3 Phase off the shelf submersible pump.  It is a variable speed drive that is running backwards.  Not sure how easy this is to open source, but think this is viable as a kit.  First system cost 1,000 Euro for 2HP pump. a 3HP system should cost almost the same. System does MPPT and is used to step down power to any DC voltage 24-48V.  We buy this thing made and do not have the blueprints or design.  The manufacturer is selling these for PV pumping so they are installed in rural areas of India.  They say that if we produce in volume the prices can drop, so this is something to think about where Windempowerment members could consider.  We are getting now quotes for less than half of that price from other mfg, but will need to test them first.  The first system has now been working for 4 months.

Built both stand alone tilt-up lattice tower for 2.5kW turbine (15m) and have 20m lattice tower that does not use too much area.  Having some vibration issues with pump and need to reinforce.  I have the growling effect mentioned before.

Need to learn the lessons from bigger machines (5m diameter+).  This is critical since most waterpumping systems are expecting to run 5HP pumps   We are at 2.7kW with 4.2m machine and read some experiences in Africa with larger turbines.  I saw some pictures in Africa with 6m diameter turbine, but dont have info on how well it has run. I think a new manual should include a 5-6m diameter machine as this would come in very handy for waterpumping and rural electrification.  This could be a collaborative effort for Windempowerment.

All my machines now use N50 magnets.  Have not had any issues with temperature.  Pricing of magnets is 4USD per magnet (from China).

Jorge

Noam Dotan

não lida,
22 de out. de 2016, 04:08:2922/10/2016
para Technology WG (Wind Empowerment)
Hello Jorge.
Good stuff. I really think that the way to use wind turbines to pump water is the 3 phase variable speed controller and the use of standard 3 phase AC off the shelf pumps. As for the blades, I find it much more efficient to use a copy machine which is cheaper and run it with a lage diameter bit alongside the blade length axis. Blade is rotated with the master. You may by a low cost kit for coy machine in the UK. If you want more info, let me know. Noam, Comet-ME
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to we-technology-...@googlegroups.com.
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar