Wind turbine in Mongolia with Ecosoum

Simon Teutsch

Feb 26, 2019, 6:09:34 PM2/26/19
to Technology WG (Wind Empowerment)
Hi everyone!
I'm Simon, member of the mongolian association Ecosoum. I'm creating this discussion so that we can discuss the technology, the fund raising and everything, and no one will miss the information.
To sum up: We will build a Piggott turbine in Khishig Undur that will power up a pump to get water from a well for a collective farm. It will apparently be a 2m40 turbine with one solar panel (to be confirmed). We are working on the budget.
If you have questions or anything to add please comment on this discussion so that everyone has access to the information. We will also keep you updated.
Thank's !
Simon

Luiz Villa

Feb 27, 2019, 4:55:14 AM2/27/19
to we-techn...@googlegroups.com

           Hello Simon,

          Great work shifting the discussion here.

          Please let me know what you need in terms of power electronics. Here in Toulouse we are developing open-source solutions for DC/DC and DC/AC.

          If you want some further training, there are some maintenance runs to be made in the region. We can organize something for you to come down and work on it.

          Depending on the dates and the duration of the trip, I would love to join the crew. I think it can raise the profile of the project to bring an academic with you, specially if we knock at the door of the local universities to show some open-source power electronics technology. I can do this for free or with a slight subsidy if there is any.

             Cheers

                Luiz

Luiz Fernando Lavado Villa
Associate Professor (Lecturer) at the Electrical Engineering Department Technical Institute of the University of Toulouse
Researcher on bottom-up rural electrification and modular power electronics at LAAS-CNRS
Cell phone number : +33 6 67 58 00 63
website: http://homepages.laas.fr/lflavado/

Simon Teutsch

Mar 2, 2019, 4:58:59 AM3/2/19
to Technology WG (Wind Empowerment)
Hello all !
We have now finished our proposal.
For the budget, an Ecosoum team in Mongolia got us prices for most materials. For the rest, we inspired from Kimon's budget in Nepal. Thank you for your help!
If you want to have a look, you can find our proposal attached. We will send it in a few days, the deadline is 8th of March.

For now, the project consists in building a turbine to power up the irrigation system for the collective farm. We will organize workshops to involve the local school, but we won't work with universities yet. This will come maybe later, if we decide to replicate turbines at a larger scale. So we do not need an academic so far, thank you for your proposition Luiz.
Of course, I am interested to know what open source electronic solutions you are developing. And I am definitely in for a training  with the maintenance of a turbine! If one is organized soon, maybe Pierre will be interested to participate too, as a first approach with the Piggott turbines.

Cheers,
Simon
HEF-2019-Application-form-Ecosoum-01.03.2019.docx