west coast wikicon venue

phoebe ayers

Jun 14, 2010, 1:15:47 AM6/14/10
to wcw...@googlegroups.com
Hi all! Remember the lovely website that Jon made up for the West Coast Wikicon??
http://2011.westcoastwikicon.org/

Well, maybe you don't remember, since no one has updated it in a month :(

Our first and most pressing task for a successful westcoastwikicon is to find a venue. There is a list of suggested venues here:
http://2011.westcoastwikicon.org/wiki/Venue

May I suggest that we share out the task of contacting venues? It would be great if everyone interested in helping could:
a) choose a venue from the list or add a new potential one
b) add your name to the row for that venue so there isn't duplication
c) contact them to find out if they'd be suitable. The criteria are listed at the top of the venue page.
d) please: take copious notes; don't promise anything (we're only doing research); add a summary of what you've found out on the wiki; note whether you think it's worth pursuing further.

If everyone on this list takes one venue we'll get through it in no time.

Jon and I talked about trying to get this done in the next month: e.g., by Wikimania. If we can at least get through the list on the wiki by then so we know if we need to keep looking or not, that would be great.

Thanks!!!
-- Phoebe

WestCoastWikiCon(spiracy) 2011
http://2011.westcoastwikicon.org/