Jan. 15, 10am-5+: West Coast WikiConference, San Francisco Chronicle building, 5th and Mission

1 view

James Salsman

Dec 27, 2010, 8:40:05 PM12/27/10
to Wikimedia California chapter, San Francisco Wikimedians, OLPC social events, in...@bayareascience.org, opensour...@lists.stanford.edu, educat...@opensourceforamerica.org, wcwc11, Eugene Eric Kim, Phoebe Ayers, Jon Davis, Stephen Walling, Jay Walsh, Cary Bass, Sue Gardner, Erik Moeller
Please celebrate the 10th anniversary of Wikipedia with an open space
unconference Saturday January 15 from 10:00 a.m. at the San Francisco
Chronicle building, 5th St. & Mission; 901 Mission St, Suite 105, San
Francisco, CA 94103.

If you would like to attend please register ($25) at
http://wcwc2011.eventbrite.com

Please see http://2011.westcoastwikicon.org/wiki/Program for the
current program. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-space_meeting
for further information about open space unconferences. More
information about the venue is at
http://bayarea.the-hub.net/public/space__Hub%20SoMa.html

My critique talk outline is at
http://2011.westcoastwikicon.org/wiki/Talk:Program -- I am hoping we
can get a vigorous debate on some of those topics going. Please let
me know if you want to participate in, or if you know anyone who might
want to participate in such a debate. I've offered to give a preview
talk a week or two in advance so that debate participants will have
the opportunity to respond to all the points I'll be raising, so I'd
like to know who is interested. If there are people from out of town
who are interested or too many people to conveniently schedule, I'll
just continue to edit the outline with further detail. Thank you!

Regards,
James Salsman

bccs