What is the best way to do this?

1 view

Claudia

Nov 29, 2011, 8:30:43 PM11/29/11
to Wellington Creative Suite User Group
Have been asked to do something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3Bd3QINsk

What is the best way? As I am most familiar with InDesign, I have
tried basic text animations with some success. (Flying in, flying out,
getting bigger/smaller etc. But in InDesign, your animations all come
in one after the other, and so it can be quite slow, and not so wizzy.
It is possibly asking too much to accomplish this in in Design.

Should I try Flash, which I know has the tools, but would it be
useable as a short presentation like this, rather than having to be on
a website? Can you export to something anyone can play on their
computer?

How would you go about doing this? I would love a crash course in
Flash, but only if that is the right way of going about a project like
this.

Of course it is wanted soon, and at no cost...

Kai Koenig

Nov 29, 2011, 8:37:36 PM11/29/11
to wc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Claudia,

in short - the best tool for the job would be Flash. If you did it with Flash your export would be .swf flie that could then be on a webpage or you could wrap it into stand-alone executables (Windows .exe or Mac .dmg) to play on any computer (similarly to a presentation).

If it's not graphical animation only but includes a lot of existing video material etc then After Effects might be another option.

Cheers
Kai