March Meeting

Diane Sieger

Mar 12, 2011, 11:54:15 PM3/12/11
to Wellington Creative Suite User Group
Hi Everyone!

I know, it's been a loooooooong time.

Whenever I tried to organise a meeting things got in the way.

Sometimes these were great things, such as Webstock, which empowered
people once again to go out an do awesome things.

Sometimes these were bad things, such as the Christchurch earthquake,
which shocked the whole nation but showed in how many different ways
New Zealanders support each other. I'm sure each of us has contributed
time/skills/money to ensure people affected by the earthquake got all
the possible support they needed.

Sometimes the things that got in the were purely personal: Kai and I
have received NZ citizenship, and the ceremony is usually being held
when it suits the mayor, not when a user group meeting needs to be
organised ;-)

And now the world is in a big crisis again. The earthquake and
following tsunami in Japan with the explosion at the Fukushima power
plant ensures that most of us are following the news channels even
more intensive than usual.

But holding off another meeting will probably not help much with the
recovery of Japan. So we'll have a meeting on Tuesday, 22 March, from
5.30pm.

Our speaker will be Kai Koenig, who will show us Acrobat X Portfolios.
Not many people realise that Acrobat is so much more than just a PDF
converter - and we'll see one of the most awesome features it has to
offer.

And to make up for the long pause between the previous meeting and
this one, we'll raffle off a Creative Suite 5 software package. But
you have to be there to win!

Please register at http://wcsug-mar2011.eventbrite.com.

I hope I'll see you then.
Cheers, Diane