Fwd: Webinar: Why the Marshall Islands Took on the Nuclear Nine

Tamaki Hosoe

Jul 25, 2014, 5:48:01 PM7/25/14
to sgi-...@googlegroups.com, wc...@googlegroups.com
Original Message -
Subject: Webinar: Why the Marshall Islands Took on the Nuclear Nine
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:43:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rick Wayman, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation <rwa...@napf.org>
To: TamHosoe [ at ] nif**.com

WAND Logo
Free Webinar on Nuclear Zero Lawsuits:
Wednesday, August 6

Nuclear Zero Lawsuits

Please join us on Wednesday, August 6 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time for a webinar hosted by Women's Action for New Directions (WAND). The webinar is free and open to the public, but you must pre-register at this link.

On April 24, 2014, the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) filed landmark cases in the International Court of Justice and U.S. Federal District Court against the nine nuclear-armed nations.

Speakers on the Webinar:

Rick Wayman is Director of Programs at the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation. He will give an overview of the lawsuits and their current status in the courts, as well as a report on the civil society campaign that is happening in support of the lawsuits.

Neisen Laukon is originally from Rongelap Atoll (part of the Republic of the Marshall Islands). She works with the Marshallese Educational Initiative to share her story across the United States about the health effects she and her community suffered following the Castle Bravo nuclear bomb test by the U.S. military on March 1, 1954. Neisen was not on Rongelap on the day of the test, but was returned to the heavily contaminated atoll by the United States with her family in 1957.

Erica Fein, Nuclear Weapons Policy Officer at WAND, will introduce the speakers and moderate the hour-long webinar.

The webinar takes place on August 6, the 69th anniversary of the U.S. atomic bombing of Hiroshima. Please join us to learn about this important campaign to ensure that nuclear weapons are never used again. Click here to register.

For more information about the Nuclear Zero Lawsuits and to sign the petition in support of the Marshall Islands' courageous action, visit www.nuclearzero.org.

Find Us On
Facebook
YouTube
Twitter

empowered by Salsa

Letter from Einstein to Freud
To Sigmund Freud
A private letter written around 1931 or the beginning of 1932.

Dear Professor Freud:

 ... (skipped)
  The political leaders or governments owe their position partly to force and partly to popular election. They can not be regarded as representative of the best elements, morally or intellectually, in their respective nations. (Einstein must mean "political leaders" by national leaders.) The intellectual elite have no direct influence on the history of nations in these days; their lack of cohesion prevents them taking a direct part in the solution of contemporary problems. Don't you think that a change might be brought about in this respect by a free association of people whose previous achievements and actions constitute a guarantee of their ability and purity of aim? This association of an intellectual nature, whose members would need to keep in touch with each other by a constant interchange of opinions, might, by defining its attitude by the Press  -- responsibility always resting with the signatories on any given occasion -- acquire a considerable and salutary moral inf
luence over the settlement of political questions. (...skipped) But should not an effort in this direction be risked in spite of this? I look upon such an attempt as nothing less than an IMPERATIVE DUTY.

  If an intellectual association of standing, such as I have described, could be formed, it would also have to make a consistent effort to mobilize the religious organizations for the fight against war. It would give countenance to many whose good intentions are paralyzed totally by a melancholy resignation. Finally, I believe that an association formed of persons such as I have described, each highly esteemed in his own line, would be well suited to give valuable moral support to those elements in the League of Nations which are really working toward the great objective for which that institution exists.

  I had rather put these proposals to you than to anyone else in the world, because you, least of all men, are the dupe of your desires and because your critical judgment is supported by a most grave sense of responsibility.

Ideas and Opinions by Albert Einstein, p. 104. 1954. ISBN 0-517-55601-4
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Ideas-And-Opinions-Albert-Einstein/dp/0517884402/
-
Tamaki Hosoe, Physiotherapist, Wasa, servant of harmony (^o_) Japan
http://www.ergod.org/profile/ Contact
https://www.facebook.com/groups/peace.info.ashram
https://www.facebook.com/tamaki.hosoe

http://holistic.client.jp/boston.html Boston
http://holistic.client.jp/therapist.html Problematique Japan
http://holistic.client.jp/height.html low and heavy
http://holistic.client.jp/wheelchair.html construction design
http://holistic.client.jp/commute.html Public Transportation 2
http://holistic.client.jp/society-for-education.html

http://www.peace-ashram.org/ PEACE Info Ashram in The Green House
http://www.ErgoD.org/ Re/habilitation - Holistic Approach Oriented by Functionics

http://www.peace-ashram.org/sgi/ Nuclear Free Treaty Organization 非核条約機構
http://www.peace-ashram.org/John_F_Kennedy-SoundWorksUSA.mp3 John F. Kennedy
http://www.peace-ashram.org/Martin_Luther_King-Jr-SoundWorksUSA.mp3 Martin Luther King Jr.
-
Music follows (  ^  o  ^  ) with PealPlayer(R)
http://www.peace-ashram.org/gifu/
http://amzn.to/oN36dL Tamaki's Review on Amazon.co.JP
http://www.peace-ashram.org/Symphony_9_7_29_1951-4_Choral.ram Symphony 9 "Choral"
http://www.peace-ashram.org/furtwan3.ram Beethoven Symphony 5 'Destiny'
http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_10.html START for PEACE
http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_11.html Song of Myself &
Fireflies
http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_12.html Sanshi suimei &
Kokoro ni hana o
http://www.peace-ashram.org/nighting.ram Nightingale
http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_p_5.html Centers for The Millennium Peace
http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_6.html Freedom & I Love You
http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_13.html 春望 by 杜甫 & Jerry
http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_8.html 鶯の里 Nightingales' Village
http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_9.html 新しい国歌 Anthem Medley

http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_10.html START for PEACE
平和を今から START for PEACE

Music on February 26, 1991, and final version on February 9, 2001

1. 僕たちだけが 幸せでいいの? 私たちだけが 平和でいいの?
  この町のかたすみ この路地裏で、 私が誰かに 心 とざす時、
  にくしみの命が、 あの国へも届く。
  Stop, stop, stop, stop the war ! 戦争を やめて!
  Stop, stop, stop, stop the war. Stop, stop, stop, stop the war,
  Stop the war, 変えよう君と僕とで さあ今だ!

2. 君たちだけが? 幸せでいいの? あなた達だけも 平和でいいの?
  この町の川岸 あの波に向かって、 私があなたに 心 ひらく時、
  慈(いつく)しむ命を、 あの国へと運ぶ (波が!)
  Start, start, start, start for peace ! 平和を 今から!
  Start, start, start, start for peace. Start, start, start, start for peace,
  Start for peace, 創ろう君と僕とで さあ今だ!

3. この世に生まれた 使命を果たし、 僕たちの地球を 子供のために。
  大人たちあなたは、 あまりにも愚かだ。 なぜ人が人と 殺しあえるのか?
  僕たちは生きる はるかな星めざし。
  Start, start, start to Qualify Life ! 使命を果たして!
  Start, start, start to Qualify Life. Start, start, start to Qualify Life,
  To Qualify Life, はるかな未来に向かい ?さあ行こう!

4. 「私たちの地球 母なる太陽、この手で守る」 固い 誓いを、
  私たち一緒に、始めましょうよ。 空気や 水や、堅い ちぎりを、
  心から 歌えば、未来輝く。
  Stars, stars, stars, stars survive ! 森緑(もりみどり) 守れ!
  Stars, stars, stars, stars survive. Stars, stars, stars, stars survive,
  Stars survive, 蒼(あお)い空 青い海へ さあ行こう!

※ refrain in slow tempo

Stop, stop, stop, stop the war ! 戦争を やめて!
START, START, START, START for PEACE.
Start, start, start to Qualify Life,
Stars survive, はるかな未来に向かい さあ行こう!

START, START, START, START for PEACE ! 平和を今から!
Start, start, start to Qualify Life.
Stars, stars, stars, stars survive,
Stars survive, 蒼(あお)い空 青い海へ さあ行こう!

Blue, blue, blue, blue from green! 森緑(もりみどり)増やせ!
Blue, blue, blue, blue from green.
Blue, blue, blue, blue from green,
Blue from green, 幸せな 地球家族 万々歳!

http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_9.html 寮歌、遠い世界に Student Power
「嗚呼玉杯に花うけて」 (一高第12回記念祭寮歌)東京大学の前身

矢野勘治作詞
楠正一作曲

嗚呼(ああ)玉杯に花うけて
緑酒(りょくしゅ)に月の影宿(やど)し
治安の夢に耽(ふけ)りたる
栄華(えいが)の巷(ちまた)低く見て
向ケ岡(むこうがおか)にそそり立つ
五寮の健児(けんじ)意気高し

芙蓉(ふよう)の雪の精をとり
芳野(よしの)の花の華(か)を奪い
清き心の益良雄(ますらお)が
剣(つるぎ)と筆とをとり持ちて
一たび起たば何事か
人世の偉業成らざらん

濁れる海に漂(ただよ)える
我国民(わがくにたみ)を救わんと
逆巻く浪をかきわけて
自治の大船勇ましく
尚武の風を帆にはらみ
船出せしより十二年

花咲き花はうつろいて
露おき露のひるがごと
星霜移り人は去り
舵とる舟師(かこ)は変るとも
我(わが)のる船は常(とこし)えに
理想の自治に進むなり

行途(ゆくて)を拒むものあらば
斬りて捨つるに何かある
破邪の剣を抜き持ちて
舳(へさき)に立ちて我呼べば
魑魅魍魎(ちみもうりょう)も影ひそめ
金波銀波の海静か

紅萠ゆる岡の花(くれないもゆるおかのはな)
三高逍遙の歌  沢村胡夷 作詞・作曲

1) 紅(くれない)萌(も)ゆる 岡(おか)の花(はな)
  早緑(さみどり)匂(にお)う岸(きし)の色(いろ)
  都(みやこ)の花(はな)に うそぶけば
  月(つき)こそかかれ 吉田山(よしだやま)

2) みどりの夏(なつ)の 芝露(しばつゆ)に
  残(のこ)れる星(ほし)を 仰(あお)ぐ時(とき)
  希望(きぼう)は高(たか)く 溢(あふ)れつつ
  我(われ)らが胸(むね)に 湧(わ)き返(かえ)る

3) 千載(せんざい)秋(あき)の 水(みず)清(きよ)く
  銀漢(ぎんかん)空(そら)に さゆる時(とき)
  通(かよ)える夢(ゆめ)は 崑崙(こんろん)の
  高嶺(たかね)の此方(こなた) ゴビの原(はら)

4) ラインの城(しろ)や アルペンの
  谷間(たにま)の氷雨(ひさめ) なだれ雪(ゆき)
  夕(ゆう)べはたどる 北冥(ほくめい)の
  日(ひ)の影(かげ)くらき 冬(ふゆ)の波(なみ)

5) ああ故里(ふるさと)よ 野(の)の花(はな)よ
  ここにも萌(も)ゆる 六百(ろっぴゃく)の
  光(ひかり)も胸(むね)も 春(はる)の戸(と)に
  うそぶき見(み)ずや 古都(こと)の月(つき)

6) それ京洛(けいらく)の 岸に散(ち)る
  三年(みとせ)の秋の 初(はつ)紅葉(もみじ)
  それ京洛の 山に咲(さ)く
  三年の春の 花あらし

7) 左手(ゆんで)の文(ふみ)に うなづきつ
  夕(ゆう)べの風に 吟(ぎん)ずれば
  砕(くだ)けて飛べる 白雲(はくうん)の
  空には高し 如意(にょい)ヶ嶽(たけ)

8) 神楽(かぐら)ヶ岡の 初(はつ)しぐれ
  老樹(ろうじゅ)のこずえ 伝(つと)うとき
  檠燈(けいとう)かかげ 口(くち)ずさむ
  先哲(せんてつ)至理(しり)の 教えにも

9) ああまた遠き 二千年
  血潮(ちしお)の史(ふみ)や 西(にし)の子の
  栄枯(えいこ)のあとを 思うにも
  胸こそ躍(おど)れ 若き身に

10)希望は照(て)れり 東海(とうかい)の
  み富士の裾(すそ)の 山ざくら
  歴史を誇(ほこ)る 二千載(にせんざい)
  神武(じんむ)の児等(こら)が 立てる今(いま)

11)見よ洛陽(らくよう)の 花がすみ
  桜(さくら)の下(もと)の 男(お)の子(こ)らが
  いま逍遥(しょうよう)に 月白(しろ)く
  静に照(て)れり 吉田山(よしだやま)

都ぞ弥生(明治四十五年寮歌) (北海道大学寮歌)
横山芳介君作歌
赤木顕次君作曲

一
都ぞ弥生の雲紫に 花の香漂ふ宴遊(うたげ)の筵(むしろ)
尽きせぬ奢に濃き紅や その春暮ては移らふ色の
夢こそ一時青き繁みに 燃えなん我胸想ひを載せて
星影冴かに光れる北を
人の世の 清き国ぞとあこがれぬ

二
豊かに稔れる石狩の野に 雁(かりがね)遥々(はるばる)沈みてゆけば
羊群声なく牧舎に帰り 手稲の嶺(いただき)黄昏(たそがれ)こめぬ
雄々しく聳ゆる楡の梢 打振る野分(のわき)に破壊(はゑ)の葉音の
さやめく甍(いらか)に久遠(くをん)の光り
おごそかに 北極星を仰ぐ哉

三
寒月懸(かか)れる針葉樹林 橇の音(ね)凍りて物皆寒く
野もせに乱るる清白の雪 沈黙(しじま)の暁霏々(ひひ)として舞ふ
ああその朔風飄々(ひょうひょう)として 荒(すさ)ぶる吹雪の逆巻くを見よ
ああその蒼空(そうくう)梢聯(つら)ねて
樹氷咲く 壮麗の地をここに見よ

四
牧場(まきば)の若草陽炎燃えて 森には桂の新緑萌(きざ)し
雲ゆく雲雀に延齢草の 真白(ましろ)の花影さゆらぎて立つ
今こそ溢れぬ清和の陽光(ひかり) 小河の潯(ほとり)をさまよひゆけば
美しからずや咲く水芭蕉
春の日の この北の国幸多し

五
朝雲流れて金色(こんじき)に照り 平原果てなき東(ひんがし)の際(きわ)
連なる山脈(やまなみ)冷瓏として 今しも輝く紫紺の雪に
自然の藝術(たくみ)を懐(なつかし)みつつ 高鳴る血潮のほとばしりもて
貴(たふ)とき野心の訓(をし)へ培ひ
栄え行く 我等が寮を誇らずや

遠い世界に  五つの赤い風船

(1) 遠い世界に 旅に出ようか
  それとも赤い風船に乗って
  雲の上を 歩いてみようか
  太陽の光で 虹を作った
  お空の風を もらって帰って
  暗い霧を 吹き飛ばしたい

(2) 僕等の住んでる この街にも
  明るい太陽 顔を見せても
  心の中は いつも悲しい
  力を合わせて 生きることさえ
  今ではみんな 忘れてしまった
  だけど僕達 若者が居る

(3) 雲に隠れた 小さな星は
  これが日本だ 私の国だ
  若い力を 身体(カラダ)に感じて
  みんなで歩こう 長い道だが
  一つの道を 力の限り
  明日の世界を 探しに行こう

http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_8.html 鶯の里 Nightingales' Village
鶯の里 Nightingales' Village

Andante Cantabile

1. 鶯を終日(ひねもす) 聞きて過ごしけり ( 細江 ゆきゑ様俳句 )
ホーホケキョ ホケキョウと ホーホケキョ 歌う
我が口笛に答えて ホケキョ ホケキョウ 歌えや
君ら ホケキョウ 歌えば 我が口笛も楽しや
姿も見せず歌うか す速く逃げては歌う
故郷なつかし下呂に 深山(みやま)鶯は鳴きぬ
鶯を終日 聞きて過ごしけり
ホーホケキョ ホケキョウと ケキョケキョ 去りぬ

2. 鶯の音を聞き 猿は移り来ぬ
人々優しげと 姫猿認む
我が口笛に答えて キャキャキャキャ キャキャキャ 歌えや
君ら キャキャキャ 歌えば 我が口笛も楽しや
姿も見せず歌うか す速く逃げては歌う
故郷なつかし下呂に 飛騨の山猿は楽し
鶯の音を聞き 猿は移り来ぬ
人々優しげと 姫猿認む

3. 小川のせせらぎに 蛍も清らか
人の尊さと はかなさ見せて
我が口笛に答えて 野原小川を舞えかし * Coda
君らが自由に舞えば 我が口笛も楽しや Fine
光と闇とのダンス 闇が深いぞとダンス
故郷なつかし下呂に Ecoの仲間たち住みぬ
小川のせせらぎに 蛍も清らか
人の尊さと はかなさ見せて

4.幾つもの橋を 跨(また)ぎて虹の立つ ( 細江 珠美様 俳句)
苦難の峠越え 幸の光ぞ
朝日 谷から足もと 足もと越えて橋へと
虹が村をば守れば 我が口笛も楽しや
霧のプリズム通して 山河 田畑を照らしぬ
故郷なつかし下呂に 吉祥早し俳人
幾つもの橋を 跨ぎて虹の立つ
苦難の峠越え 幸の光ぞ

* Coda
我が口笛に答えて 野原小川を舞えかし
君らが自由に舞えば 我が口笛も楽しや

c. 環 Tamaki

http://creative.webspace.ne.jp/bbs/creative_tree_r_6.html
Freedom

a conditioning song of synactiveness
in memory of my classmate, late Seima Aoyama, Full-moon, September, 2009

Andante Maestoso

Pigeons, sea gulls, sparrows, nightingales. (whistle, whistle, whistle)
Freedom fly to me, freedom fly to me.        (Fine)
*1 My friend crashed into one of twin towers on the plane Boston - New York!
  Blaming words, closed hearts, flame of hatred, fear, revenge after revenge.
  Boston - New York plane crashed into one of twin towers, 2001!
Freedom fly to me, freedom fly to me.     (Da Capo)

*2 Savage days an' savage nights in our deserts, how many days can't we sleep overnight?
  Blaming words, bombs, planes, tanks, leukemia, fires, guns'n child soldiers.
  Savage days an' savage nights in our deserts, how many days can't we sleep o'er night?

*3 Call of greetings, call of blessings, exchange kissing, shaking hands an' hugging tight and tight,
  Peace in our hearts melts freezing hatred shaping into love and love.
  Call of greetings, call of blessings, exchange kissing, shaking hands, hugging tight an' tight!

I Love You Crestine (Courtesy of Ich Liebe Dich by Ludwig van Beethoven)
English version on 10/20/2009

I love you Crestine as you love me,
From the morning to the night.
Never even one day my and your hearts tear apart each other.
Ah my tears and your pains we heal them each other;
You mother me of my sufferings,
I share our delight and delight, our delight.
May Goddess' blessing be over you, you make my life joy,
God protect you, keep you with me, protect and keep us together.
God protect you, keep you with me, protect and keep us together,
Keep and keep us together, keep us together!

c. Nightingale Tamaki