Re: [Nuclear Free Treaty Organization 3580] President Obama's Decision on Syria

1 view

Tamaki Hosoe

Sep 1, 2013, 9:18:52 AM9/1/13
to sgi-...@googlegroups.com, wc...@googlegroups.com
The White House wrote:
> The White House Saturday, August 31, 2013
>

> President Obama's Decision on Syria
>
> Just now, President Obama laid out the case for a targeted military
> action against Syrian regime targets as a result of their use of
> chemical weapons that killed over one thousand people -- including
> hundreds of children. The President also made clear that this would not
> be an open-ended intervention, and there will be with no American troops
> on the ground.
>
> While the President was clear on the need for action, he announced he
> would seek Congressional authorization for the use of force.

We know that Obama is a pacifist leader but agree with Mr. McCain that the
decision is toooo late to end the massacre even against children and the
rebel leaders whom a lot of international governments acknowledge as a
formal Syrian power.

Letter from Einstein to Freud
To Sigmund Freud
A private letter written around 1931 or the beginning of 1932.

Dear Professor Freud:

... (skipped)
The political leaders or governments owe their position partly to force
and partly to popular election. They can not be regarded as representative
of the best elements, morally or intellectually, in their respective
nations. (Einstein must mean "political leaders" by national leaders.) The
intellectual elite have no direct influence on the history of nations in
these days; their lack of cohesion prevents them taking a direct part in the
solution of contemporary problems. Don't you think that a change might be
brought about in this respect by a free association of people whose previous
achievements and actions constitute a guarantee of their ability and purity
of aim? This association of an intellectual nature, whose members would need
to keep in touch with each other by a constant interchange of opinions,
might, by defining its attitude by the Press -- responsibility always
resting with the signatories on any given occasion -- acquire a considerable
and salutary moral influence over the settlement of political questions.
(...skipped) But should not an effort in this direction be risked in spite
of this? I look upon such an attempt as nothing less than an IMPERATIVE DUTY.

If an intellectual association of standing, such as I have described,
could be formed, it would also have to make a consistent effort to mobilize
the religious organizations for the fight against war. It would give
countenance to many whose good intentions are paralyzed totally by a
melancholy resignation. Finally, I believe that an association formed of
persons such as I have described, each highly esteemed in his own line,
would be well suited to give valuable moral support to those elements in the
League of Nations which are really working toward the great objective for
which that institution exists.

I had rather put these proposals to you than to anyone else in the world,
because you, least of all men, are the dupe of your desires and because your
critical judgment is supported by a most grave sense of responsibility.

Ideas and Opinions by Albert Einstein, p. 104. 1954. ISBN 0-517-55601-4
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Ideas-And-Opinions-Albert-Einstein/dp/0517884402/

http://www.ErgoD.org/ Re/habilitation - Holistic Approach Oriented by *
Functionics - Site URL changed
--
Tamaki Hosoe, Physiotherapist, Wasa, servant of harmony (^o_) Japan
http://www.peace-ashram.org/agenda/contact.html Contact

http://homepage2.nifty.com/PEACE/therapist.html Problematique Japan
http://homepage2.nifty.com/PEACE/height.html low and heavy
http://homepage2.nifty.com/PEACE/wheelchair.html construction design