Clark County Book of Judgements

jwb...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 12:07:36 PM6/10/15
to wccs-surve...@googlegroups.com

In Clark County we have what are called Book of Judgments. There are several volumes. They are transcriptions of court actions and they originally had in their records. I am not positive as to the various court decisions are included. But one type is division of property from an estate, where in the will divided it up between among the heirs. The ones I have seen have detailed metes and bounds descriptions of each parcel. As a court action it is a legal public record, just not kept by the auditor when originally done.

I am just curious if other counties have these type of record. It looks like ours run from the 1890s to the early 1950s.

Ken Paul, PLS

County Surveyor

Clark County Public Works