Webinar "Author's Forum: Killed by a Traffic Engineer"

Matt Catanzarite

Jun 24, 2024, 10:07:02 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Walk Bike Washtenaw
PSA for upcoming interesting webinar tomorrow.https://www.cnu.org/resources/on-the-park-bench

Next Tuesday, June 25th at 12pm ET, join us for our next On the Park Bench webinar "Author's Forum: Killed by a Traffic Engineer" with author Wes Marshall.

Join author Wes Marshall as he discusses his new book, Killed by a Traffic Engineer. His book reveals the profession’s shaky, unscientific foundations—and points the way to safer, healthier streets. The webinar will be moderated by Rob Steuteville.

Register Now!

Can't make next week's OTPB? Make sure to check out our page for upcoming webinars.

Thank you so much for your continued support of On the Park Bench. Do you have some feedback for us? Or an idea for a webinar? Please share your thoughts here!

Ken Clark

Jun 26, 2024, 11:22:15 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to Walk Bike Washtenaw
This happens here too.  The intersection the girl was killed at on Geddes a decade or so ago should have had a crosswalk, but the city's been on a mission since the 80s to remove crosswalks at most intersections, and put up painted ones elsewhere.

Also, there was a young woman killed on Plymouth several years ago as well, in a crosswalk with an RRFB.  As I pointed out to the city a couple of years later, if you're in the right lane eastbound on Plymouth at that location (the motorist was), you're on the inside of a bit of a blind curve.  The RRFB lights are positioned in away that there are a few large street trees that block your view of the RRFB lights until quite close to that crosswalk.  I suggested they move the quite useless extra lights over by Willowtree (you have excellent visibility of the RRFB lights without the extra flashers) over to that curve.  They replied that they did a perfect job.

And that doesn't count all the ways they encourage speeding.

Ken

--
Please note that WBW google groups is an unmoderated forum. It was developed by Walk Bike Washtenaw as a tool for bikers and walkers to discuss key issues and share information. However, not all views expressed in this group are the views or values of WBW. For more information about WBW, meetings, and projects, please visit www.walkbikewashtenaw.org
---