People for Bikes City Ratings

WBWC

Jun 3, 2021, 5:34:28 PM6/3/21
to wb...@googlegroups.com
Two Washtenaw County municipalities made PeopleForBikes.org's ratings of bikeability in cities worldwide: Ann Arbor registered a rating of 44 (details here) and Chelsea a rating of 55 (details here).

The rating system involved a "network score," which assesses the quality of a city's network, and a "community score," which assesses the perception of bicycling. For more on People for Bikes' methodology, see here.

Ken Clark

Jun 3, 2021, 10:24:45 PM6/3/21
to wb...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that's got to be one of the dumbest methodologies ever.  Chelsea beats us because while few people who live there bike to get around, they have a couple of the big trails the county is putting in.  Ann Arbor is good enough that lots of people bike here (as they acknowledge), but we must all be mentally deficient because "PeopleForPaths" (or maybe "people who don't bike but claim they'd like to") thinks we should know better than to bike here.

Our LAB ranking shows unfortunate grade inflation, but at least they're in the right ballpark.

Ken

--
Please note that WBWC google groups is an unmoderated forum. It was developed by the Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition as a tool for bikers and walkers to discuss key issues and share information. However, not all views expressed in this group are the views or values of WBWC. For more information about WBWC, meetings, and projects, please visit www.wbwc.org
---