Nail in bike lane on Pauline

Sam Firke

Aug 2, 2021, 12:29:18 PM8/2/21
to wb...@googlegroups.com
Hi WBWC friends,

I was biking west on Pauline Blvd in Ann Arbor on Saturday afternoon in the buffered bike lane on the north side of the street.  Near the intersection with Arbordale, I saw a nail standing up on end in the middle of the bike lane.  I noticed it too late to swerve and it punctured my tire.

I wasn't injured and I can repair the damage, but was disturbed by the nail having been stood on end.  I didn't notice anyone around and can't say if it was placed maliciously, but that seems at least as likely as the nail coming to rest standing up on its own.

Hopefully it's a fluke occurrence, but I thought I'd share in case anyone else experiences something similar.  Keep enjoying the summer and stay vigilant.

Sam