P&G fader lube/Dow Corning 510/50cst

Bill Sallak

Apr 11, 2021, 3:15:12 PM4/11/21
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Does anyone have a vendor link for small squeeze bottles of P&G fader lube? The only ones I can find are pint bottles or larger. I don't think I'll ever use a whole pint. Thanks!

Anthony Kuzub

Apr 11, 2021, 5:53:50 PM4/11/21
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Been using this for a decade https://www.canadahobbies.ca/product/hobby-brands/team-associated-canada/team-associated-silicone-shock-oil-2oz-40wt/

The electrical contacts and sliding pieces should not be lubricated.   Only the rails.

I used a product on the contacts called DFL... Effectively Teflon in a can ...  Don't think you can buy it now...

Anthony

--
The WBSps.ca is run by Canadians who appreciate Well Built Stuff

Manuals: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/0B0yR0b5T78SKczBIcDgzZkstUjQ

Photos:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/0B0yR0b5T78SKd2JnQzlrckY2bWM
---
Message has been deleted

Bill Sallak

Apr 11, 2021, 9:57:33 PM4/11/21
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Excellent—it's on the list.
Do you have a recommended contact cleaner for WBS consoles? There's Deoxit, but I'm guessing the lube portion of it gums things up. (Not for the fader bits, but for switches etc.) Thanks,

Anthony Kuzub

Apr 11, 2021, 10:06:18 PM4/11/21
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
https://www.mgchemicals.com/products/electronic-cleaning-products/contact-cleaners/super-contact-cleaner-with-ppe/

Great solvent and lubricant.

The pots cant really be cleaned with chemicals... but a "Book opening stretch" .... 100 times can floss some shmoo :-)

Anthony

Charles Beauregard

Apr 14, 2021, 12:25:57 AM4/14/21
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
I use Isopropyl alcohol for cleaning the track, brush contacts (gentle) and the rails. Unless the bushing are worned out, the carrier should run smooth after cleaning even without any lube.

--
Charles Beauregard

warren beck

Apr 14, 2021, 9:11:22 AM4/14/21
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
For the whiskers, best to use a chamois soaked isopropyl wipe in one direction - form the PCB base to the ends - to grab any fluff, and then denatured water to clean further.  The traces on the fader it-self Windex, then denatured water works very well.  Scrub until lint free cloth is completely clean.

The bushings do wear out.  AML in the UK has some, but a trick is to rotate all of them 90 degrees.  Dont really need a lubricant but if you insist - I use a Teflon based viscous liquid lubricant.  The Teflon gets in everywhere, they feel brand new.  The best is to hand polish th eguide rails first - comepltely disassemble the fader, polish wiht chome polish, then rotate the bushings, and lube.  Feels better than new!!