Welcome

WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society

Dec 12, 2019, 3:54:03 PM12/12/19
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Thanks for being here.

Post questions, post pictures and ask for help here

Anthony

Alick Letort

Dec 14, 2019, 4:57:47 AM12/14/19
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Hello and thanks for having me. I purchased last year 2 M470. I did some investigations and came onto your (previous) site with some great info which I saved as links. Of course now broken. Aaah!. So i'm looking for info  regarding the best way to add phamtom power. The previous owner told me that he had phantom power and something about de-soldering a lead from a switch. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance

CHARLES BEAUREGARD

Dec 15, 2019, 10:49:37 PM12/15/19
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Hi Alick,

I would use the solo switch to activate the phantom power. Just feed the 48v to P2-18 and from P2-V  you will solder 2 x 6k81 resistor that will connect to mic 1 hot and cold (P1-W and P1-19).
m470_phantom.jpg

M470.jpg

CHARLES BEAUREGARD

Dec 15, 2019, 11:20:30 PM12/15/19
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society

You can use the No Connect pins on the connector to hold the resistors.

48-m470.jpg

Anthony Kuzub

Dec 16, 2019, 10:07:43 AM12/16/19
to CHARLES BEAUREGARD, WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Charles

That is a great solution.    I've done it in the past putting the M1 and M2 in // and using the MIC 2 MUTE CTL to energize the 48V

Jensen has this lovely doc that ramps up the phantom power and drains it slowly.  Less... POOF when activating it.
See attached

Anthony

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 11:20 PM CHARLES BEAUREGARD <charles.bea...@radio-canada.ca> wrote:

You can use the No Connect pins on the connector to hold the resistors.

48-m470.jpg

Charles Beauregard

Dec 16, 2019, 10:19:25 AM12/16/19
to Anthony Kuzub, CHARLES BEAUREGARD, WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Exactly, I use the Jensen mic front end schem all the time. Replacing R141 by a 200ohm and adding a cap would do it. But all the mic must have the internal ramp-up do absorb the switch as well.

--
Charles Beauregard

Alick Letort

Dec 16, 2019, 1:58:04 PM12/16/19
to WBSps - Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society
Thank you! thank you! .... thank you all. This has really helped me out. I have a pair of M470 I got about 3 years ago so I'm looking forward to switching them on and recording with them. I'm a DIY artist/producer so every bit of quality kit helps me out.