After creating an user account as a superadmin, I can't login the new user account in the same login html.

ruiqi wang

Mar 27, 2023, 11:11:06 PM3/27/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi! experts:
     After creating an user account as a superadmin, I can't login the new user account in the same login html.
     QQ图片20230328110634.png
QQ图片20230328110634.png
QQ图片20230328110634.png

I don't know what to do...

Looking for your anwser!Thanks!
                    ruiqi
                  2023.03.28

Devender Rao

Mar 28, 2023, 3:25:29 AM3/28/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi ,
Thank you for using Wazuh!

Can you describe how you added the user as super admin?

You can follow the steps given in the documentation below
https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/user-administration/rbac.html#creating-and-setting-a-wazuh-admin-user

Regards,
Devender Rao

ruiqi wang

Mar 28, 2023, 4:05:48 AM3/28/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi, Devender Rao,

      Thanks for your anwser!

      I think I have fixed this problem. In this morning, I wanted to create an user account with readonly policies  in Wazuh Elastic environment. But I found I cannot login by the account I just created.

      So I created a new account and login again by calling Wazuh's API of “login” and “add user”, and it works!

      But I'm a little confused, why can't I log in with the created account in the Elastic environment? And I can log in by calling the api?

       Regards
       Wang Ruiqi

ruiqi wang

Mar 28, 2023, 4:36:00 AM3/28/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,
Devender Rao,

Acount " wrq1996" which cannot login  was created by the follwing steps:

QQ图片20230328162944.png

QQ图片20230328162751.png

Acount " wrq1997" which can login  was created by the follwing steps:

QQ图片20230328162907.png

QQ图片20230328162841.png

What's the difference between the two account creation methods?

Regards
Wang Ruiqi

Devender Rao

Mar 31, 2023, 5:17:18 AM3/31/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,

To create an admin user you can follow the steps,
1. Open the wazuh dashboard with admin access.
2. Visit Opensearch > Security > Internal Users > Create internal User
3. Add name and password
4. For admin access, add admin as backend roles .
5. Done, now you can access the new account with admin access.

Earlier You created an account for wazuh api ,
1.Wazuh > Security> Users >Create User
2.This will create a user that can interact with wazuh API.
3. Make a curl request to https://localhost:55000/security/user/authenticate with user & password, and you will get jwt token which can used later.

More info on adding users to different roles and policies will be here
https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/user-administration/rbac.html#creating-and-setting-a-wazuh-admin-user

Regards,
Devender
image (6).png