wazuh adnim pwd change error

Rajesh Prem Singh .A

Sep 20, 2021, 8:05:16 AM9/20/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi, I changed the default admin password using the wazuh script bash wazuh-passwords-tool.sh -u admin -p my password but after changing even though I restarted every service and status running I cant .table to access wazuh GUI

Mercedes Fernández Argüelles

Sep 20, 2021, 11:53:04 AM9/20/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi Rajesh,

Did you follow this tutorial on how to change Elasticsearch's password? In any case, let's check a few things to figure out what could be the problem:
  • After changing the password, did you update the files /etc/filebeat/filebeat.yml and /etc/kibana/kibana.yml with the new credentials?
  • Could you paste the output of journalctl -u kibana -r?
  • Could you also paste the output of  systemctl status elasticsearch, systemctl status kibana and systemctl status filebeat? If you are in a distributed environment, the last one should be tested on your manager node.

I'll be waiting for your answer,
Mercedes.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Rajesh Prem Singh .A

Sep 20, 2021, 4:01:47 PM9/20/21
to Wazuh mailing list
hi i updatedkibznz.PNGelastic.PNGfilebeat.PNG the file
kibana.txt

Mercedes Fernández Argüelles

Sep 21, 2021, 9:36:20 AM9/21/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi Rajesh,

This error is present in the Kibana logs you provided:
   FATAL  Error: [config validation of [elasticsearch].password]: expected value of type [string] but got [null]

That's due to a misconfiguration of the file /etc/kibana/kibana.yml, precisely the field elasticsearch.password. It should have the same password you entered when changing it with wazuh-passwords-tool.sh. Please change that and restart Kibana with:
   systemctl restart kibana
Then try to access Kibana again.

Hope this helped,
Mercedes.