Security Daily

KPay SOC

Apr 17, 2024, 11:13:31 PMApr 17
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Wazuh Team

Good day to you

I want to generate my security daily based on the information captured by the wazuh platform. Do you have any good suggestions or templates

Thanks

Stuti Gupta

Apr 18, 2024, 12:10:14 AMApr 18
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hello KPay SOC,
Hope you are doing well.

Could you kindly clarify what you mean by "security daily"? If you're inquiring about daily security event reports, you can find detailed information on the report feature here: https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/reference/ossec-conf/reports.html However, I'm uncertain about the specific information you're seeking.

Hope to hear from you soon

KPay SOC

Apr 18, 2024, 1:41:21 AMApr 18
to Stuti Gupta, Wazuh | Mailing List
Hello,
"security daily" is a security report of our own that we want to export every day, hoping that it can clearly highlight the security problems we encounter on that day, such as file changes, newly exposed vulnerabilities, and malicious requests.

Stuti Gupta

Apr 18, 2024, 6:53:32 AMApr 18
to Wazuh | Mailing List
You have the option to generate daily reports for specific events by following the suggestion provided earlier, which involves adding the configuration in the wazuh-manager. Refer to this link for detailed instructions: Wazuh Documentation - https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/reference/ossec-conf/reports.html

If you wish to receive daily reports for security event (image 1) modules automatically, you have two options. First, you can create visualizations or dashboards https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/wazuh-dashboard/creating-custom-dashboards.html. Alternatively, you can navigate to the Discover channel (Image 2), apply the necessary filter, save the search, and then configure the daily report through the Wazuh web interface. To do this, follow these steps (Image 3):
Select Reporting under the opensearch Plugin > Create a Report definition > Choose a saved visualization, dashboard, or saved search > Set the schedule according to your requirements.
Click on "Create," and this will generate the report definition.

Screenshot_14.png
Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_16.png

Hope this helps