Getting Error while login in Wazuh Manager

Namdev

Sep 20, 2021, 1:32:17 AM9/20/21
to Wazuh mailing list

Dear Team,

Please find below the snapshot as getting error while I trying to login in Wazuh manager.

Again I do logout and login again, I’m able to get login.

@Support Team, Please do suggest

Thanks in Advanced.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Namdev

Sep 20, 2021, 3:55:30 AM9/20/21
to Wazuh mailing list

Getting one more error, snapshot given below.

Please let me know how to resolved this error.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Alejandro Cuellar

Sep 20, 2021, 5:46:16 AM9/20/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi Namdev,

Let's go step by step, first make sure that wazuh-manager is running, we can check this by going to the wazuh-manager host and executing one of the following commands:
- systemctl status wazuh-manager
-service wazuh-manager status

If this is working, we will go to the next step, if any error appears, share it in this thread.

The next step would be to see if we have the correct version of the api, we will do this by opening a terminal on the wazuh-manager host again and running the following commands:

First we will get the token, with which we will be able to make API calls:
TOKEN=$$(curl -u wazuh:wazuh -k -X GET "https://localhost:55000/security/user/authenticate?raw=true")

You will have to modify localhost by the ip where you have hosted your wazuh-manager.

Once we have the TOKEN, we will make the API call to check the version we have installed:
curl -k -H "Authorization: Bearer $TOKEN" -H "Content-type: application/json" -X GET "https://localhost:55000/manager/info" | grep -i "version".

Making the same change as in the previous call, modifying localhost by the ip where we have the api hosted.

Share with me the result of this last command.
The version that this command shows us has to be exactly 4.1.5, the same as the app message appears, because we compare the versions of Wazuh and the API as major.minor.patch (major = 4, minor = 1, patch = 5), and if any of the numbers is not the same, we show that error message that you show us in the first screenshot.

Namdev

Sep 20, 2021, 8:10:21 AM9/20/21
to Alejandro Cuellar, Wazuh mailing list

When I have execute the last command below the output have came out.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Alejandro Cuellar

Sep 22, 2021, 2:23:35 AM9/22/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi Namdev,

Did you upgrade Wazuh Manager to 4.2?

When you upgrade the Wazuh manager, the API version is upgraded too. You can check if the manager was successfully upgraded by running the following command :

/var/ossec/bin/wazuh-control info | grep WAZUH_VERSION

The error you are showing could happen because the Wazuh Kibana plugin was not upgraded. This plugin depends on the Kibana version and the Wazuh version. You can upgrade it following these steps:

cd /usr/share/kibana/
sudo -u kibana bin/kibana-plugin remove wazuh
sudo -u kibana /usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana-plugin install https://packages.wazuh.com/4.x/ui/kibana/wazuh_kibana-4.2.0_7.10.2-1.zip
systemctl restart kibana

If you didn't have updated Wazuh Manager, did you change anything at the API or Wazuh Manager or Kibana recently?