Wazuh Dashboard Not Showing Security Events

Ivan Rios

Mar 27, 2023, 7:19:47 PM3/27/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello,

My Wazuh dashboard stopped showing security related events even though the wazuh agent is still active and running on the endpoint side. I checked my Wazuh manager and it looks like the logs are still generating on there. What could be happening that I don't see the security events on the dashboard anymore?

Nico Brambilla

Mar 27, 2023, 8:11:43 PM3/27/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello Ivan Rios, I've got a couple of questions for you:
  1. What version of wazuh have you deployed?
  2. Did you tried the command: systemctl restart wazuh-dashboard
    1. If YES, What is the output of that command ?
  3. If your wazuh-dashboard is OK, could you check if you have any filters applied in your search?
  4. Did you check if "security-events" are being generated on the wazuh-agents into the local files?
    - /var/ossec/logs/alerts/alerts.log
I think these links may be useful:

I'll be waiting for your answer.

Thanks for trusting in wazuh.

Ivan Rios

Mar 28, 2023, 10:04:37 AM3/28/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello Nico, the output of the command you recommended is "wazuh-dashboard.service not found". Why could this be? My dashboard has been working fine for a few months now.

Nico Brambilla

Mar 28, 2023, 2:16:25 PM3/28/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello Ivan, could you provide me with the version of your wazuh stack? do you have an AiO deployment or cluster?
please try to do at the manager:

/var/ossec/bin/wazuh-control stop
/var/ossec/bin/wazuh-control restart
/var/ossec/bin/wazuh-control status

In addition please could you provide your answers to the questions that I made it you? if you can provide me with logs and screenshots of your problem,  I will provide a more accurate answer to you.

Did you check the links that I shared with you ?

Please check this one too : I do not see alerts in the Wazuh dashboard

Best regards,

Nico B.