Use FQDN for Wazuh Agent Host Identification

Sidra Siddique

Sep 29, 2023, 9:54:59 AM9/29/23
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Team,

Is it possible to configure the Wazuh agent to display the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) instead of just the hostname?  because situation may arise where two systems share the same hostname, using the FQDN can provide better identification and avoid confusion.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Sidra

Julio Cesar Biset

Sep 29, 2023, 12:59:31 PM9/29/23
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Sidra.

In the following Wazuh documentation (https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/user-manual/reference/ossec-conf/syslog-output.html#use-fqdn) there is a setting to toggle between the full or truncated hostname configured on the server, but I think that is not the case for you.
It would be best to configure the agent name in case you have not configured it to better identify each one. I leave you a link to a thread where it seems to be the same case as yours: https://groups.google.com/g/wazuh/c/Pj2kwx5uhXY
I hope it helps you, otherwise don't hesitate to continue consulting.

Regards

Sidra Siddique

Sep 30, 2023, 1:25:07 PM9/30/23
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi team,

Have you had chance to look over this concern? If you could please respond it would be a great help.

Thanks,
Sidra

Julio Cesar Biset

Oct 2, 2023, 7:09:31 AM10/2/23