generating debian package for wazuh compiled code ( using local source code)

Deepak Joshi

Mar 28, 2023, 3:26:09 AM3/28/23
to Wazuh mailing list
I want to build the debian package for wazuh source code and I m using the local source code but I m unable to do .Can anyone help me with this?

Mauro Malara

Mar 28, 2023, 3:52:37 AM3/28/23
to Deepak Joshi, Wazuh mailing list
Hi Deepak,

Could you specify what version of Debian you are using? Also, could you send more information about the specific error/problem you are having?

Regards.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 9:26 AM Deepak Joshi <deepakj...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to build the debian package for wazuh source code and I m using the local source code but I m unable to do .Can anyone help me with this?

Mauro Malara

Mar 29, 2023, 6:02:22 AM3/29/23
to Deepak Joshi, Wazuh mailing list
Hi Deepak,

It seems that the command does not have any error, so could you send me the content of "/home/demo/Desktopwazuh/"? And, could you show me the output of "git status" in that folder too?

Regards.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 11:14 AM Deepak Joshi <deepakj...@gmail.com> wrote:
I  m using this method for generating debian package https://documentation.wazuh.com/current/development/packaging/generate-deb-package.html and I have downloaded the wazuh source code fro github and I m providing it as my local source code while running the generate command sudo ./generate_debian_package.sh -b v4.3.10 --packages-branch v4.3.10 --sources /home/demo/Desktopwazuh/ -t agent -a amd64 -p /opt/ossec but it is giving me this error . Also I have generated the debian package when I didnt provide the local source code I just wrote this script only  ./generate_debian_package.sh -b v4.3.10 --packages-branch v4.3.10 -t agent -a amd64 -p /opt/ossec.

ERROR

   debian/rules override_dh_auto_clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/build_wazuh/agent/wazuh-agent-'
/usr/bin/make -C src clean
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** src: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_clean] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/build_wazuh/agent/wazuh-agent-'
make: *** [clean] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: sudo debian/rules clean gave error exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1357:
dpkg-buildpackage -rsudo -D -us -uc -b failed

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 at 13:22, Mauro Malara <mauro....@wazuh.com> wrote:
Hi Deepak,

Could you specify what version of Debian you are using? Also, could you send more information about the specific error/problem you are having?

Regards.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 9:26 AM Deepak Joshi <deepakj...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to build the debian package for wazuh source code and I m using the local source code but I m unable to do .Can anyone help me with this?

Wazuh
Mauro Malara
QA Engineer
Wazuh
Wazuhwazuh.com

--
Wazuh
Mauro Malara

Amol Bhavar

Nov 27, 2023, 6:29:35 AM11/27/23
to Wazuh | Mailing List

Hello,
I am trying to do the same generate wazuh paackage from local source code
but I am facing the same issue as mentioned above
ERROR

   debian/rules override_dh_auto_clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/build_wazuh/agent/wazuh-agent-'
/usr/bin/make -C src clean
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** src: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_clean] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/build_wazuh/agent/wazuh-agent-'
make: *** [clean] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: sudo debian/rules clean gave error exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1357:
dpkg-buildpackage -rsudo -D -us -uc -b failed

can you help to resolve this issue?