Upgrade 4.8.0 - Vulnerability Dashboard seems to have some issues

syed saifulla

Jun 28, 2024, 3:51:27 AMJun 28
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Team,

After Updating the Wazuh to 4.8.0, I am facing this issue with the Vulnerability dashboard.
wazuh-Vul-DB.PNG

Can someone, please help here.

syed saifulla

Jul 1, 2024, 4:07:48 AMJul 1
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Team, Any Solution for this ?

Lamya Imam

Jul 1, 2024, 4:22:17 AMJul 1
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hello syed saifulla,

Could you please share the architecture of your deployment, whether the setup is an all-in-one deployment or a distributed environment?

Also, check the Wazuh keystore authentication with credentials, using the following command:
/var/ossec/bin/wazuh-keystore -f indexer -k username -v <INDEXER_USERNAME>
/var/ossec/bin/wazuh-keystore -f indexer -k password -v <INDEXER_PASSWORD

The default step-by-step installation credentials are admin: admin
where  <INDEXER_USERNAME> = admin and  <INDEXER_PASSWORD> = your wazuh password

Let me know!

syed saifulla

Jul 1, 2024, 5:02:57 AMJul 1
to Wazuh | Mailing List
It's an all-in-one deployment, Using Wazuh OVA.

it was all fine till the upgrade.

I did check the Credentials and Used the Wazuh password tools to change the Password and Also used the below cmd to update the credentials.

/var/ossec/bin/wazuh-keystore -f indexer -k username -v <INDEXER_USERNAME>
/var/ossec/bin/wazuh-keystore -f indexer -k password -v <INDEXER_PASSWORD

Syed.

Lamya Imam

Jul 1, 2024, 5:23:27 AMJul 1
to syed saifulla, Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Syed saifulla,

Could you please try and restart the Wazuh indexer and check if it's working now, using the command:
systemctl restart wazuh-indexer

Let me know if the issue persists!

Regards,

Wazuh

Lamya Imam

Security Engineer, Operations

syed saifulla

Jul 1, 2024, 5:30:37 AMJul 1
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Also, if you see the error, I guess it is something related to Indexer not sure.

VUl-db.PNG

syed saifulla

Jul 1, 2024, 5:30:43 AMJul 1
to Wazuh | Mailing List
tried it multiple times and also tried now, But no luck.

Syed

Lamya Imam

Jul 1, 2024, 8:34:31 AMJul 1
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi syed saifulla!

Please share the output of these commands:
# cat /var/ossec/logs/ossec.log | grep indexer-connector
# cat /var/ossec/logs/ossec.log | grep vulnerability

After that,
Go to Dashboards Management > Index patterns > click on the index pattern (wazuh-states-vulnerabilities-*) and then click on Refresh field list [Added screenshot for reference]

Also, check from Discover > select the index pattern (wazuh-states-vulnerabilities-*) > type cluster on the search the field name > check the wazuh.cluster.name [As shown in the screenshot]

Please share your findings here and keep me updated on how it goes.
Screenshot 2024-07-01 182813.png
Screenshot 2024-07-01 164112.png

syed saifulla

Jul 1, 2024, 9:48:57 AMJul 1
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Lamya,

Please find the screenshots and the logs, I did try to disable and enable the indexer just to make sure, which might have been recorded in the logs.

Also when I type cluster in the discover search I don't find any results, I have attached the screenshot with and with out it.

Thanks

Lamya Imam

Jul 2, 2024, 12:44:23 AMJul 2
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hello syed saifulla,

I appreciate your effort in trying to disable and enable the indexer, just in case. It seems that the logs and screenshots were not attached to the mail. Could you please resend them?
Your proactive steps are helpful, and having the logs will allow us to understand any changes that were recorded during this process.

Thanks

syed saifulla

Jul 8, 2024, 3:53:09 AMJul 8
to Wazuh | Mailing List
I seem to have forgotten to attach the files. I have reattached them for your reference.

cluster.PNG
Index.PNG
vulnerabilities.PNG
vul.txt
indexer.txt

syed saifulla

Jul 8, 2024, 4:00:38 AMJul 8
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi Team,

Do you need anything other information form me?

Syed
Message has been deleted

Lamya Imam

Jul 8, 2024, 4:07:37 AMJul 8
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hello syed saifulla!

Please allow me some time to discuss this with my team and i will get back to you as soon as possible.

Lamya Imam

Jul 12, 2024, 1:56:29 AM (10 days ago) Jul 12
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hi syed saifulla!

It appears you are facing an unexpected issue, which is quite unusual. To help us understand and resolve this anomaly, I recommend that you open an issue on our GitHub repository. Please provide detailed information about the problem you are experiencing. So our developer team can look into this while planning future development. You can submit your issue at the following link:
https://github.com/wazuh/wazuh/issues

Kind regards

syed saifulla

Jul 18, 2024, 4:51:28 AM (4 days ago) Jul 18
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Sure. Thanks