send custom logs to wazuh with curl

Md. Reazul Islam

Jun 29, 2024, 6:47:50 AM (4 days ago) Jun 29
to Wazuh | Mailing List
Hello,

is it possible to send custom logs (using curl or other script) to Wazuh so that I can display that logs in dashboard / graph ?

Anthony Faruna

Jun 29, 2024, 9:49:07 PM (4 days ago) Jun 29
to Md. Reazul Islam, Wazuh | Mailing List
Hello,

You can create a custom script to fetch the data from the log source and store it on a local server for a Wazuh agent to monitor the log file or configure the Wazuh server to collect the logs via Syslog

Once you confirm the logs are getting to the Wazuh manager, you need to confirm using Wazuh Logtest if the logs are decoded with the Wazuh default decoder and alerts are generated. If the logs are not decoded, you will need to create custom decoders and rules for the logs to be decoded and alerts displayed on the Wazuh dashboard.

Hope this information helps you.
.
Regards,

On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 12:48 PM Md. Reazul Islam <reaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

is it possible to send custom logs (using curl or other script) to Wazuh so that I can display that logs in dashboard / graph ?

Anthony Faruna

Jul 1, 2024, 6:27:07 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Md. Reazul Islam, Wazuh mailing list
Hello,

Yes, it's possible to send logs without an agent.

You can configure Syslog on the Wazuh server to collect logs via endpoints that don't support agent installation.

Also, the Wazuh Agentless monitoring capability uses the SSH (Secure Shell) protocol to collect and transfer events from endpoints that do not support agent installation to the Wazuh server.

You can reference our blog post on Integrating SentinelOne XDR with Wazuh to check how logs were retrieved from the SentinelOne API endpoint.

I hope this helps.

Regards

On Sun, Jun 30, 2024 at 5:40 AM Md. Reazul Islam <reaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

Actually I am talking about log sending without an agent.
Is it possible to send logs to wazuh ? (It can possible in Elasticsearch)

If possible then how ? API ? Which API/END POINT we can use to send logs?

Yes for custom logs, we may need to create custom decoders and rules

Reazul Islam

10:02 AM (2 hours ago) 10:02 AM
to Wazuh | Mailing List
In Wazuh 4.8, I can send logs using /evets.
but it stores logs in archive index.

how to create new custom index ? How to send logs directly to that new index?
I may need to create new decoder  & rules set for my log.