customize Wazuh Kibana app

YNWA

Sep 24, 2021, 9:54:46 AM9/24/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello guys,

I need to rename wazuh kibana app in kibana, please suggest me any solution.

wazuh pic.PNG

Regards

Raul Del Pozo Moreno

Sep 24, 2021, 3:35:30 PM9/24/21
to Wazuh mailing list
Hello YNWA

To achieve this you must do the following (I will assume that you are using the latest version available: v4.2.1 and 7.10.2)

The file to modify is (public/plugin.ts):

Specifically the lines:

Now:

Download the wazuh-packages repository to generate a new custom app:

git clone https://github.com/wazuh/wazuh-packages && cd wazuh-packages/wazuhapp && git checkout v4.2.1

Add the following to the Docker/build.sh file in the download_wazuh_app_sources() method (depending on what you want to change):

To modify the title:     sed -i "s/title: 'Wazuh'/title: 'YourTitle'/g" ${kibana_dir}/plugins/wazuh/public/plugin.ts
To modify the label:   sed -i "s/label: 'Wazuh'/label: 'YourLabel'/g" ${kibana_dir}/plugins/wazuh/public/plugin.ts

imagen.png

Generate the package, this will create a custom package in the output folder in the same directory where the script has been executed.

./generate_wazuh_app.sh -b v4.2.1-7.10.2

At the end you will see a message like this, as this is created in a container, the package is transferred to your machine since a volume is used, you will see the generated package in an output folder

imagen2.png

imagen4.png

Now we have to stop the Kibana service

systemctl stop kibana.service

Uninstall the plugin

cd /usr/share/kibana
sudo -u kibana bin/kibana-plugin remove wazuh

Install the custom plugin (assuming you have copy/move the package to /usr/share/kibana), where wazuh_kibana-4.2.1_7.10.2.zip is the generated package

cd /usr/share/kibana
sudo -u kibana bin/kibana-plugin install file:///usr/share/kibana/wazuh_kibana-4.2.1_7.10.2.zip

Clear your browser cache (depends on your browser), now you should be able to see the changes:

imagen3.png

The generation of the package is documented in this link:

Another way to build the package is to follow this documentation, modifying the file that I mentioned at the beginning:

Regards, Raúl.
Message has been deleted

Jigar Kumar Singh

Oct 12, 2022, 12:21:59 AM10/12/22
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi team
I am using Wazuh 4.3.8  . I want to change the Wazuh app name to custom app name example app/Wazuh# to app/custom
I am waiting for your reply thanks.

Message has been deleted

Federico Gustavo Caffieri

Oct 13, 2022, 3:39:25 PM10/13/22
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi jigarupstox1,
There is no easy way to change the URL as you mentioned. You can create an issue for us to start investigating what changes are needed to allow this customization in the repository: https://github.com/wazuh/wazuh-kibana-app/issues

However, I leave you this wiki where you will find information about how to change the plugin name, category name, and some other customizations.
https://github.com/wazuh/wazuh-kibana-app/wiki/Customization#unsupported-customization

As mentioned, these are changes that are not supported by the plugin through settings. However, in the said wiki you will have the necessary workaround to apply the customizations over the installed plugin, editing the code of the built plugin.

For future queries, it would be best if you generate new threads or messages for us since this is something old and we may not be able to see it.

Thanks.

El Wednesday, October 12, 2022 a la(s) 1:45:18 AM UTC-3, jigaru...@gmail.com escribió:
Capture.PNG
Hi i am faceing this issue . I want to use custom app name.
Thanks in advance