AWS Services s3 bucket logs are not recieving

ismailctest C

Mar 29, 2023, 6:23:31 AM3/29/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi,
AWS Services s3 bucket logs are not receiving in wazuh manager after updated encryption in Transit for s3 bucket.
Is there any changes needs to be done?
Note: Logs were receiving before adding encryption.

Nicolas Zapata

Mar 29, 2023, 9:13:41 AM3/29/23
to Wazuh mailing list

Hi thanks for using wazuh!!

It is possible that the encryption in transit is causing the logs to not be received in the Wazuh manager. To resolve this, you can try configuring the S3 bucket to use server-side encryption instead of encryption in transit.

In the case of using in-transit encryption on S3 to store logs, encrypted communication is established between the S3 bucket and the AWS service sending the logs (such as CloudTrail). The Wodle configuration should not be affected by encryption in transit on S3.

However, to ensure that the logs are sent correctly to Wodle, it is important that you verify that the permission settings and access policy of the S3 bucket allow Wodle to have access to the encrypted logs.

If you can share with me logs, and your configuration it could be of great!

I hope I helped you, best regards!

Nicolas Zapata

Mar 31, 2023, 4:51:59 PM3/31/23
to Wazuh mailing list
Hi, Do you have an update on your problem? Have you been able to solve it?
According to our documentation any type of encryption is allowed except snapy.

Regards!